Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2023 4:23:12 PM EDT
Seems that Beretta has about as confusing a model range as Sig does now a days.  \
What I am thinking of is a full size 92 with a rail, night sights, and decocker only for use as my night stand gun and also for range use.

Is that combination of features available in an Italian made pistol?  

Are the QC/QA issues of the Tennessee made pistols sorted out by now?

Also I have a few mags that are compatible with my old 92S and modern release placement pistols, will those work in a Vertec model?

I love the ball bearing like smoothness of my 92S, but the tiny sights and spotty mag availability are problematic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Vertec and round 92fs take the same mags, many 92fs mags still have the heel catch for the 92s modeles, but not all.

The m9a3 and m9a4 would fit the bill, the a3 you could get in black and other colors, a4 gives red dot mounting options. You have to look for a g model for decock only, but you can buy the g kit to do the conversion yourself

The Langdon ltt elite is another good one, fiber optic, not factory night sights

Edit - there are variations of m9a1 that also have night sights, but are probably pretty rare. They would also have to be converted to a g model
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That does narrow it down quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m pretty sure the m9a3 was also available from all 3 plants at one point or another, so you might be able to find one from Italy, but my opinion- I think Maryland produced the best and most consistent pistols so that’s what I’d buy if given a choice. I’d look over any Tennessee gun very carefully, but I imagine they got the qc mostly sorted by now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at the Wilson Combat 92G Centurion Tactical.

Attachment Attached File

The 92G LTT ELITE Centurion is another excellent choice, but it does not come standard with night sights.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are the QC/QA issues of the Tennessee made pistols sorted out by now?
View Quote

Not according to buyers.

If you buy on-line, be sure you have an inspection period. Otherwise, try to buy in person, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I got lucky. Both of my M9A3s are Italian stallions.

Unless things have changed, I think only the black are made both here and Italy. I think all colored M9A3s are imported.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top