Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2020 11:29:54 AM EDT
Looking at hill people gear recon chest rig. Any others to look at? Going to carry g19 or 3” sp101

Need for use with backpack

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I know hill people is excellent.  I'd advise to get the little trigger only kydex piece and tie that to the inside really safe and good draw.

I have done a lot of hiking with it and a G20
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking at hill people gear recon chest rig. Any others to look at? Going to carry g19 or 3” sp101

Thanks
View Quote

That's literally the best out there.  

Second recommendation would be a Gunfighters, Inc. Kenai Chest Rig.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine got used for 3 weeks of archery elk.   Legit good carry with my pack.   I put the bino pouch and TQ carrier on, but pretty much no need for the binos so I used the pouch for odds and ends.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I did end up using electrical tape to keep the vertical straps in place, no matter what I did they would slip and let the bag drop a couple inches.  Not uncommon with those fastex adjusters.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for great info!

Just ordered a generic one to try out and if it works I’ll get the hill people one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I like mine, ended up swapping out the 'H' style harness for a simpler X though. Just got some 1.5" Nylon straps off Amazon and did it myself, it carries a little better with these IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 2:38:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

buy HPG with confidence. mine has been with me all over the southwest and been through plenty of abuse without issue
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
This is JUST MY OPINION but if you realistically believe you will, while being attacked by a large land mammal, completely clear that chest rig while keeping your finger outside the trigger guard, then get the HPG bag.

If you're not 100% sure you won't panic and shoot your left bicep off, get an M12 holster and attach it to the belt of your pack.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the heavy recon i carry my G34 backpacking in. It also doubles as a mini chest rig of you get the blueforce gear tripple m4 Dapper in the ccw compartment. Buy with confidence and practice drawing from it a lot. Setting up the zippers part way open like the Hill bros recommend makes it pretty easy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is JUST MY OPINION but if you realistically believe you will, while being attacked by a large land mammal, completely clear that chest rig while keeping your finger outside the trigger guard, then get the HPG bag.

If you're not 100% sure you won't panic and shoot your left bicep off, get an M12 holster and attach it to the belt of your pack.
View Quote

I have an M12 and a wilderness safe packer. I'd go with safepacker if I was going to strap it to my waist belt.
Another option is the shoulder harness for the M12 but for what that's likely to cost just pony up for the Kenai.
Also Alien Gear added a chest holster to their lineup if you dont mind black.

But of all those options only the wilderness is truly concealed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the full size that I will send you to try out if you like. You can use it and see if it is something you want to purchase. Totally up to you. If interested IM me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Hill People Gear makes the best chest rig on the market.  I use mine for hiking, camping, mountain biking, riding in atv's.  It's a great way to carry a pistol and some gear, especially if you have a pack on.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the original kit bag and it works great with a hiking pack. I definitely wish I'd gotten the Runner or Recon, since the extra thickness of the original kit bag is noticeable and actually using the extra pockets tends to make it uncomfortable pretty quickly.

Get the Stabilizer Kit accessory, it's very useful. The Lifter Straps are also good, but makes it kind of impossible to get the pack on or off quickly.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the full size that I will send you to try out if you like. You can use it and see if it is something you want to purchase. Totally up to you. If interested IM me.
View Quote

Thanks so much for offer! I got a generic one I’m going to try and see if I like this carry method, but thanks again!
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I have one and use it often for hiking and mountain biking. I wish they would improve with s sweat guard that would go between your body and weapon for hot summer use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top