Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2023 11:46:25 PM EDT

I still haven't perfected daily carry in normal street clothes, let alone attempt it in full riding gear. With the thick, form-fitting gear I wear, I feel like I can access the firearm faster off-body, secured in a saddle-bag, which I understand is not ideal in certain situations.

Interested to see how other riders here do it (comfortably). Photos, links to products, etc all appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything goes in the tank bag.

On body carry in an off hurts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 2:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Milt Sparks Nexus IWB holster strong side.

Galco shoulder holster

Select clothing that allows concealment
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you wearing racing leathers? I can see a problem there. In other gear, I can carry strong side.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Leg Pocket carry or tank bag.   Have tried shoulder and cross draw holsters but go back to the first two.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mnd:

View Quote

...depending on how you land. I was carrying at the 4 o'clock position. I highsided and landed on my right side. I had a bruise from the pistol, and the grip had a notch from hitting the pavement that I had to file down. Didn't hurt worse than the broken shoulder.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I mostly pocket carry anyway as I carry for when I'm at my destination.  There have been times I'll put a carry gun in an outer jacket pocket, and other times carry one concealed under gear and one in an outer pocket.

Depends where I'm going/doing.

When I used a tank bag on longer trips I had a J frame in the tank bag and a regular carry gun IWB.

On a bike I'd prefer to run away from trouble.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Same as off the bike: strong side IWB.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rrbgeb:
Leg Pocket carry or tank bag.   Have tried shoulder and cross draw holsters but go back to the first two.
View Quote

Same thing I usually did as well.  I used a magnet tank bag with a shoulder strap or kept the gun in a fannypack when using the larger Wolfman bags.  Make sure that you can manipulate your gun with your gloves on as well; I could with most guns and my thinner gloves but not with smaller guns or the heavier gloves with the knuckle protection or winter gloves.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#10]
It depends which bike I'm riding. If I'm on my HD Ultra Limited FLHTK I carry a Glock 43x in a OWB or IWBA holster. If I'm on my Honda Africa Twin still the 43X or a S&W 442 in a pocket holster if we're going off roading. The 442 in a pocket holster works well with either machine. Every rider is going to be different on how, where or what they'll be carrying. Use your own good judgement.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:
Are you wearing racing leathers? I can see a problem there. In other gear, I can carry strong side.
View Quote

Gotta go with a dropleg in full leathers.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

What happens if someone bumps you off your bike?  Doesn't that separate you from your gun when you might actually need it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Czechers:

What happens if someone bumps you off your bike?  Doesn't that separate you from your gun when you might actually need it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I guess that would depend on your definition of "bump." Low- or high-siding off the bike at 45mph+ because a car turned left in front of you, sideswiped you, or otherwise hit you, I guarantee your first thought isn't going to be "I need to pull my gun to defend myself."
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kitulu:

I guess that would depend on your definition of "bump." Low- or high-siding off the bike at 45mph+ because a car turned left in front of you, sideswiped you, or otherwise hit you, I guarantee your first thought isn't going to be "I need to pull my gun to defend myself."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kitulu:

So my quoted statement is based on having actually come off a bike a few times with stuff under my riding gear, and my change in behavior as a consequence of the results.

I guess if I'd been in a gun fight subsequent to a non-debilitating intentional collision I might have a different take, but all the cases where I've had people try to deliberately harm me while riding didn't resolve themselves by sticking around.

Riding is about taking calculated risks and in many cases I elect to leave the gun at home because off body carry adds complications that in the balance don't seem to justify the cost.

What works for other people might be very different.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Galco shoulder holster or a strong side depending on what all gear. For strong side It depends on the gun which one. The shoulder holster allows me to zip it all under my jacket which I like it’s also my preference.

I’ve heard it said you can be injured pretty severely landing on the gun. However that’s not been the case with the people I’ve known who went down. The folks Ive know who carry in a tank bag or saddle bag tend to not switch over then it’s not doing any good.

Like anything it’s all pros and cons and what works for one person well may not for another so you might end up trying several methods.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#16]

So my quoted statement is based on having actually come off a bike a few times with stuff under my riding gear, and my change in behavior as a consequence of the results.

I guess if I'd been in a gun fight subsequent to a non-debilitating intentional collision I might have a different take, but all the cases where I've had people try to deliberately harm me while riding didn't resolve themselves by sticking around.

Riding is about taking calculated risks and in many cases I elect to leave the gun at home because off body carry adds complications that in the balance don't seem to justify the cost.

View Quote

Didn’t see this when I typed out the above mind to share details?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:

The gun worked against riding gear armor and transmitted forces that would have otherwise been more widely distributed. Other stuff in pockets or on the belt created pressure points that rapidly abraded protective gear.

I was fortunate that all my spills were lower speed and that I was able to cut my losses and low side once I'd exhausted any significant ability to control things.  I got away with some nasty bruises, ruined gear and perspective on what I'd do differently the next time I found myself trying to burnish the pavement.

I feel my odds of crashing on a motorcycle are significantly greater than needing a firearm for self defense, so my risk mitigation calculus is heavily biased in that regard.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#18]
The good news is that a plate carrier won't look so out of place, and serves dual purposes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Put my Sig 365 in my riding jacket. Inside pocket stays there ALL the time.

Will also carry a Kahr 380 in a wallet holster in my pants back pocket. Plus knifes on my person and on the bike.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Tank bag for me. I try not to carry anything on my person when riding.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I use a Hill People Gear kit bag but I am riding more off road than on.

It is very comfortable and has a good bit of adjustment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Depends.  

Tank bag, then transition to inside jacket pocket once Ive arrived at my destination.  

If I'm just going to ride for the sake of riding and ripping up the roads, i dont carry anything.

If I'm out on the trails alone, tank bag.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Vest has dual inside pockets for ccw 🤪

But seriously, when I ride I carry the same way I always do—strong side IWB.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got one of these 50% off because reasons.  I'll try it out.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Shoulder or chest rig for a medium to big handgun otherwise a pocket pistol.
Concealed carry on the hip is not my cup of tea on a bike.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I ride a Harley, so no tight fitting leathers.

I usually carry my Glock 26 in an ankle holster while riding. No need to worry about shirt/jacket being blown open that way. I also think it wouldn’t have an adverse effect in an accident since it is on the inside of my ankle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top