Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2021 11:37:15 AM EDT
So I may be in a situation where off-body carry is a necessity due to a work environment.  Briefcases are used frequently, and I am considering buying one that affords me the ability to have my G19 or G43 concealed inside.  This is a buy once, cry once purchase, and I don't want to have multiple setups for variances...so this will be the EDC bag for work.

I'm entering the forensic accounting world soon, and have a job lined up at a firm that has a "no weapons" policy.  I will not have my own locking office, but I will have a secured office area that nobody will be in, with the ability to lock my desk/cabinets with items inside.  I will also be required to go to court, albeit infrequently.  Suits are not the norm in this firm, but business casual is the daily dress.  Currently, I wear have a SuperTuck that is working, but I want to have other options available to me if they are needed, and I won't have the time or ability to "disarm."

I'm looking for a professional looking briefcase.  I've looked at Vertyx, but don't know how well that would fit in.  I'm also considering something leather, but having difficulty finding something affordable that would have the customization for concealed carry built into it.  I'm trying to keep it at no more than $400, but there is some wiggle room in the price for the right bag.

Anybody have suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Something like this?
Or more of a hard-sided briefcase?

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Magpul FMG9 (Folding Machine Gun) featured on Discovery Channel's Ultimate Weapons

MAC M11 M11A1 Operational Briefcase

Firing HK MP5 Operational Briefcase!

Take your pick.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Joking aside this is about as grey man as it gets.

At 17" of room your getting into SBR/PDW territory as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you go through security with metal detectors and bag checks?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Something like this?
Or more of a hard-sided briefcase?

www.amazon.com/dp/B0083TBELE
View Quote
Soft sided briefcase...similar to that style, but want something that'll last a long time.
Quoted:
Joking aside this is about as grey man as it gets.

At 17" of room your getting into SBR/PDW territory as well.
View Quote
I've been looking at places like Mondo Leather and other leather shops to find something nicer.  This will also be used to carry a laptop (and accessories), notepads, workpapers etc, and not strictly for firearm transportation.
Quoted:
Do you go through security with metal detectors and bag checks?
View Quote
No, this would only happen in court, which I would appropriately disarm (from bag as well) for prior to.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
When you take the bag (and not the gun) to court, make sure you have a way to securely store the gun, and a place/time to move it from the bag to that secure storage.

It could be sort of awkward if you have to go to court unexpectedly, have your gun in the bag and not be able to easily explain to a co-worker why you can't just go inside the courthouse at this exact moment.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Pacsafe has a briefcase and a messenger bag, that may work for you .

Has a metal mesh liner sewn in and cables ran through the strap, so it can be locked to something solid.

Here
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you take the bag (and not the gun) to court, make sure you have a way to securely store the gun, and a place/time to move it from the bag to that secure storage.

It could be sort of awkward if you have to go to court unexpectedly, have your gun in the bag and not be able to easily explain to a co-worker why you can't just go inside the courthouse at this exact moment.
View Quote

Thankfully, I'll have to drive to court, which means it goes into the safe mounted in the truck.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I've recently purchased a shoulder holster from Falco, but they offer a number of other things as well. Including conceal-carry bags, maybe something could work. Of course it may take awhile with lead times, they actually make the product when it's ordered, and being located in Slovakia... Took them about 3 months to finish my holster, but it was worth the wait.

https://www.falcoholsters.com/concealed-carry-bags-1
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Sam at Andrew Leathers use to have a couple of different offerings, while not cheap they were very nice.  Might want to reach out to him to see if he would do one up for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top