Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2020 9:44:48 AM EDT
I am looking to add a new M&P carry gun to my line up, I have a 9c 1.0 apexed and my wife is taking it as her own.

I like the size of the 9c 1.0, and see the subcompact 2.0 is the same size. However, knowing stuff from carrying Glocks here and there over the years, they say if you can carry a G26/27 you can carry a G19/23. Is this the same situation with the SC vs C? I have a decent amount of 12 round mags from her gun, as well as 17 round mags from full size buys and spares, so the spare mag game is pretty strong, but going with a 9c 2.0 limits some of the spares, those 12 round mags, which is not a huge deal as the spare mag carried would probably be a 17 round mag anyway.

Is the size difference from the 9c to 9sc worth the smaller gun, for strict concealed carry, or am I better off going 9c with 15 rounds and calling it good?

Also, how do the new 2.0 triggers compare to the 1.0 triggers or the apex triggers? The new 2.0s dont seem to be listed for sale used, especially with Apex/other gooodies and dont know if they are just not as needed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The 2.0 trigger is immensely better than the 1.0, but an Apex will be better.

The 2.0 Compact feels smaller than a G19, despite being pretty much equal.

I religiously hate subcompacts, so I can't offer much opinion otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
The 2.0 trigger is immensely better than the 1.0, but an Apex will be better. 

The 2.0 Compact feels smaller than a G19, despite being pretty much equal. 

I religiously hate subcompacts, so I can't offer much opinion otherwise. 
View Quote

I agree that the compact seems to carry "smaller" than the G19 despite almost identical dimensions.

I shoot the 2.0 compact better than my G19.  

I carry the 2.0 compact more than my 9mm and .45 Shields.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Just fo'd on a FDE compact 2.0.

Waiting to hear from my FFL (decreased hours due to the WuFlu shit) that he got my order info and all.

Hopefully see it next week.

May grab a M&P40 LE trade in for shits and giggles as well, still debating on that one.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top