Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/7/2020 1:30:17 PM EDT
Hey guys my dad wants to get a colt revolver in the future. The python I believe. He wants something with a historical background so colt is what he chose. I saw that colt released new revolvers but they have qc issues apparently. I have never known for colt to have qc issues with their guns. Rifles, pistols and revolvers. At least with their old production stuff. What are the main bugs that new colt revolvers have. Does that mean qc has dropped for all colt firearms or just mainly their revolvers?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt has had many problems with QC in the past, reason they lost the M4 contract was bad QC on the BCG they were making. M45 pistols were returned by the Marines for poor cerakoting done by Colt.
The new revolvers Colt is now making are being reported has having problems, it's a brand new design; and with all the old revolver production crew long retired from Colt; being made for the first time by people who are still being trained in what they are doing so I don't doubt that some guns are slipping through with problems.
The question is how long will it take for Colt to work through the problems and how well will they service the bad examples that do slip out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt has had many problems with QC in the past, reason they lost the M4 contract was bad QC on the BCG they were making. M45 pistols were returned by the Marines for poor cerakoting done by Colt.
The new revolvers Colt is now making are being reported has having problems, it's a brand new design; and with all the old revolver production crew long retired from Colt; being made for the first time by people who are still being trained in what they are doing so I don't doubt that some guns are slipping through with problems.
The question is how long will it take for Colt to work through the problems and how well will they service the bad examples that do slip out.
View Quote
I was told it wasn't qc issues that made colt losing their contract. It was FN making a better bid for the contracts.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They did not lose the M4 contract due to QC issues...
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Question answered in the other post in the Colt industry manufacturers area.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:36:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have never known for colt to have qc issues with their guns. Rifles, pistols and revolvers. At least with their old production stuff.
View Quote
You must be awfully young, IMO.

I see others have already answered your question(s).

I bought a King Cobra 3" & it's been fine for me. The Pythons have had some issues, so beware on them, IMO.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top