Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2019 10:47:22 AM EDT
I came across  a 1990 mustang a while back and it came home with me, it is the perfect point and shoot pocket pistol. Since then of course i have been reading up on the different models of the mustang but have yet to find anything on the years that were cast and the years that were steel. The 1990 seems to be steel since i can't find any casting marks anywhere, but i would like to know for sure the dates of the cast/steel models.

I have searched just about every place i can think of and have called colt but so far haven't got past the busy signal, any help here would put to rest that question for me. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the base of the grip for cast marks.  All first generation Mustangs were cast.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
https://forums.1911forum.com/
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The Pocketlite LW .380acp was made from 1991-1987.

The original Mustang was made from 1986-1997. Stainless steel models were made from 1990-1997.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top