Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 12:50:23 PM EDT
Say it’s a colt border patrol, from the second release. It’s in about 80% condition, I know for a fact that it has had a massive amount of trigger work done, and the factory grips went by the wayside sometime before I was born.

I’m wondering what it should approximately be worth.

The specific colt border patrol I’m talking about was my dad’s first duty weapon, back when osp had guys supply their own. Once he was told he couldn’t use it as a backup, he sold it to my uncle.

For the last decade I have been trying to get my uncle to let me buy it so I can give it back to my dad, and a real number might help.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That will be a tough one to value.  Basically a Trooper Mk III stamped Border Patrol.  Production was around 7,000 or so making it somewhat scarce.  But the T3 doesn't do very well on the used market.  To the right Colt collector it may be worth a bit.  Finding that guy will be difficult.  Some think T3s should generate way more money than they do.  To me it's a $500 to $700 pistol, maybe.  I got a distressed finish T3 a few years ago for $250 but that was a friend price.  I've since reblued it, which cost me another $250, but I'm not sure I consider it a $500 pistol.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top