Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2018 1:21:19 PM EDT
Am I over looking something or are there no defenders that have front strap checking right out of the box?

Looking at 3" and Kimber is the only other option without going to 3.5", then an ECO takes first pick as a Wilson is $3k+.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The ECO is the far nicer gun then the Defender or Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 defenders right now, 2 in 45 and 1 in 9 as well as the Eco 9.

The Eco feels like a better gun but damn that defender 9 can shoot! I pulled the stupid wrap around grips off them but really like them. The problem with both are now there’s guns like the Sig 938 and Kimber Micro 9 if you don’t have to have 45.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Are u after the defender for the 3" barrel, or just want officer length grip?  A 3" will always be more temperamental than a 3.5 or 4.25 cco.  I just picked up a vigil cco for 1130 and it is pretty nice.  I'd highly recommend one if u can get around not being 3"
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at the Colt Wiley Clapp CCO.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at the Colt Wiley Clapp CCO.
View Quote
I did, I prefer a ramped barrel with aluminum frame, the wiley clapp uses an aluminum ramp.  For that money it should come with night sights and a more durable finish then bluing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Am I over looking something or are there no defenders that have front strap checking right out of the box?
View Quote
No, your run of the mill Colts usually never came with factory checkering, until the Wiley Clapp models and a few others.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did, I prefer a ramped barrel with aluminum frame, the wiley clapp uses an aluminum ramp.  For that money it should come with night sights and a more durable finish then bluing.
View Quote
But it is a Colt, with checkering, NM barrel, and cut for Novak sights.

I have the Commander and I like it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 1:27:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But it is a Colt, with checkering, NM barrel, and cut for Novak sights.

I have the Commander and I like it.
View Quote
Ok. Besides the prancing pony rollmark, i get all that and alot tougher finish for 300 less with a dw vigil cco
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 2:51:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are u after the defender for the 3" barrel, or just want officer length grip?  A 3" will always be more temperamental than a 3.5 or 4.25 cco.  I just picked up a vigil cco for 1130 and it is pretty nice.  I'd highly recommend one if u can get around not being 3"
View Quote
Sorry for the delay, just got Stateside and going through the demob process.

I want the officer grip and the shorter barrel. I've been looking at the ECO and it is nicely built. Seeing how the defender has been around a while, I was hoping there were some options as I recall reading or hearing something coming out of the custom shop, but can't find it.

I did see a killer deal on a Wilson Sentinel, but the grip is shorter than officer and I'd need to hold in my hands first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top