Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 8:23:56 AM EDT
I have a good condition 1911 Colt.  Im the original owner.  It is a blued 5" barrel.  I had an improved hammer trigger installed and a stainless guide bar install.  Still have most the original parts if one wanted to rebuild to original specs.

I have a friend who is interested in buying it but I need an idea how much to sell it for.  Can you folks tell me a good price range?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Having once owned one, I will say not much and I doubt the money and parts you added to yours helped much.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Without pictures hard to say before things went nuts you could buy a new one for less then a grand. What vintage is it? Do you have the box? Finish both type and condition is extremely important as is specific model. How good of a deal you want to make.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
No don't have the box.  Still have the manual.  I got it in 1985 and it is a Series 80, Govt Model.  I don't know how to post pictures, sorry.  It is used but well kept.  Finish is still shiny but the muzzle has tiny worn areas.    

I just have so many toys that I want to let go of some of them to save my wife the headaches if I die before she does.  I don't have to sell it, just don't want to be too far off the range of fair price.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Standard or “Enhanced” model?  I’d say these days $800-$850 bucks is in the zone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I’d say if blue with good finish minus muzzle wear and no box a standard Government would be in the above range. You could buy a brand new “classic” for $800 so I’d say that would be a fair price for an older one and at that price would likely move quickly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]
750 friend price. 700 if your feeling generous.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Agree with the above.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.  I got $700 for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top