Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2019 5:26:33 PM EDT
I have wanted one of these since I was old enough to pick up a picture book....

Smooth, clean with holster wear.  I can live with that!!!!

Link Posted: 5/18/2019 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Honest ware on a solid gun, congrats
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
OH, YEAH!!!  

...and..

AND....

Made in 1969!  This is my second Woodsman from 1969.  My third is from 1959.

Just got done putting it back together.  Fantastic condition other than the holster wear.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice, the next Woodsman that comes though my LGS, I’m going to pick one up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice, the next Woodsman that comes though my LGS, I'm going to pick one up.
View Quote
Do it!!!!  They are such wonderful shooters!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Real Nice!
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Real Nice!
View Quote
Thank you!

I finally popped some snap caps in it and found the trigger, LOL, out of all of my Woodsmans to be very "meh".  I had to laugh that this is the worst trigger out of all of my Woodmans.  It's VERY sloppy  I have some sears and hammers and some other parts on the way.  I'll be taking care of that soon.  I tried cleaning up the OEM parts just a bit...but it was still sloppy.

Other than that, she's a gem.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Back in the days when Bullseye was the big thing, the Woodsman Match Target, S&W 41, Medalist and High Standard The Victor were so popular for a reason!
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe I actually got a respectable trigger out of it!  Took me quite a while.  Observe, observe, observe...cut...observe.....observe...cut, etc.

I just need to break it down one more time and do a fine, 600 grit grind/lap on all my angles.

Whew!
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Gives it character and lets you know it wasn't a safe gun.  Good buy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gives it character and lets you know it wasn't a safe gun.  Good buy.
View Quote
Even with the mushy trigger it started out with....IT'S A SHOOTER, LEMME TELL YA!!!!

I was surprised how doing some very intense but very "minor" but focused detail work changed the entire gun into a sewing machine.  It's very hard to explain but i was completely worth it.  I essentially have a brand new trigger and man, does it feel good!
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Trigger work being SUPERBLY successful; I am now happy!

Non potato pics:

Link Posted: 6/16/2019 1:48:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Gotta say she looks really great for 50 years old!

I'm not a fan of "safe queens" so its good to see she will be shot and enjoyed as she should be!

Great pix by the way!
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gotta say she looks really great for 50 years old!

I'm not a fan of "safe queens" so its good to see she will be shot and enjoyed as she should be!

Great pix by the way!
View Quote
I will bring it the next time we hit the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top