Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2019 6:05:40 PM EDT
I purchased the above mentioned last year and have a question about the marking on the slide. The right side of the slide is stamped “Combat Commander “ and after seeing pictures and reviews on-line, I have noticed they all are stamped “ Lightweight Commander Model “ .  The box says LW Commander and serial numbers match on paperwork and gun. I have tried Colt but with the holidays they are not responding until next week. Does anyone know what should be stamped on the slide of a LW Commander in 9mm ??
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Combat Commander is all steel, and the Lightweight has an aluminum frame. Which does yours have?  If it's an aluminum frame, but the slide says Combat, it may have been swapped at some point.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It has the aluminum frame. I wondered if Colt could have shipped with the wrong slide.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has the aluminum frame. I wondered if Colt could have shipped with the wrong slide.
View Quote
Being Colt, that's a distinct possibility.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Being Colt, that's a distinct possibility.
View Quote
It is. I have an older one from the 80's that is marked the same way and it was pretty much new when I bought it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt is well known for building "parts clean up" guns, so it is entirely possible.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I will contact Colt next week and see what can be done. Thanks guys !
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
mid-90's the first 'stainless' Lightweight Commanders had the COMBAT COMMANDER lettered slide on a silver teflon coated alloy frame. I bought one new after seeing a friends. They ran at least 1,000 of these in 45acp.

Here’s a crappy old pic of it.

Attachment Attached File
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top