Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2018 7:32:58 PM EDT
Ok guys, I think I got myself a pretty good deal.
My brother calls me and says he purchased himself a Colt from his brother-in-law.
I say cool.
He says its a Colt Delta.
I ask why would you buy a 10MM, your not a gun guy and that will be pricey for you to shoot. (he is not a gun guy at all)
He then says, what do you mean, isn't it a 45?
No, its not. If it is a Delta Elite its a 10. He send me a picture. (Picture below)
He says damm, he thought it was a 45.
I said it still a really nice gun.
It is the Colt Delta Gold Cup in blue and has never been fired. It was given to his brother-in-law and he is also not a gun guy. 10 years later he sells it to my brother.
Forward a few days (today) my brother calls me and says, hey you want the Colt? $750, what I paid.
I say YES!! (I reload, so I can reload 10MM easily)
So I will be picking it up hopefully next week. I am actually in the process of moving to Chicago, so when I go back I will be picking it up. (yes, I still "reside" in Florida) I can't take it to Chicago until I become a resident there. Anyway, on to the picture. Will get some work done on it and maybe turn it into a VERY heavy EDC.

Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#2]
10mm really isnt anymore expensive than 45 now days
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You got one hell of a deal, congrats.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice guns. I got the newer stainless one from Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo a couple of years ago.

It already had the beavertail and extended thumb safety.

I think it was around $950.

Might want to check the frame at the slide stop. Colt did a modification and cut the frame out there.

There was a problem with it cracking.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Absolutely correct.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree. A box of 50 is about the same as 45

The problem is that most factory ammo is basically 40 S&W power levels.

Need the more expensive stuff to really get the performance of the 10mm.

You can also handload for it.  I typically get mine around 35 cents per round with new brass if I can get 5 reloads out of the brass
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the same gun in stainless and paid around $900 for it if I recall correctly. I swapped the grips out as I never cared for those but hung on to them just in case.

It’s a really nice gun and I think you will be happy with your purchase. Especially at that price.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice score! Is the barrel on a Gold Cup marked NM?
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top