Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 7/22/2021 4:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1]
So the backstory on this is a friend of mine who is a handyman brought me some guns that a good friend of his has and she needs to get rid of them. He did a lot of work for her at her house before her Parkinson's got really bad and her daughter has told him to take these guns sell them take the money out that is owed to him and give the rest to them to put into her estate.

One of them is a 1903 Colt ACP in 32 Caliber made in 1906. It has some things wrong with it. It is missing the extractor and extractor spring, the slide stop/ safety retaining screw is broken and relatively non-existent as you can see in the picture. There's only a sliver holding the release on. It has surface rust and very minor pitting and I mean really minor but you can feel it on the top strap and the left side of the gun has some wear on it, from either carrying it in the waistband or in a pocket or something along that lines.

Now I have been tasked to ascertain the value of the guns being sold and to facilitate the sale of the guns and I offered to buy the 1903. That was accepted and so I have order the appropriate parts to fix it. This is been one of the guns that over the years I have regretted missing when they've come up for sale. And while this is not the nicest one that I've seen for sale over the last couple years it's certainly not the worst one. So my SGammo order of 32 Caliber has been shipped, the parts are on their way and I'm looking forward to hopefully next week shooting this.

Now just to show you guys one of the guns for sale. We have a Colt Single Action Army 125th commemorative pistol with presentation box.
They only shot at once cleaned it and put it away. The husband bought it at a hardware store in 1961, for $150.

My research on to this puts its value somewhere around the $1,700 and up range
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueDrewT] [#1]
Nice.  I have a 1903 made in 1913.  Great gun and very accurate.  My favorite gun to shoot.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlueDrewT:
Nice.  I have a 1903 made in 1913.  Great gun and very accurate.  My favorite gun to shoot.  Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

I'm really looking forward to shooting it
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
“As you can see in the picture”

Picture?
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Pantexan:
“As you can see in the picture”

Picture?
View Quote

Sorry didn't re-up my membership here so I can get stomped on by power-hungry mods.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The media server has been acting up the past week or two.  It may or may not be a result of your expired membership.  

I've always loved the lines of the 1903 and would love to have one.   It just seems around here people think they are made of gold.  Especially if they are in a nicer condition.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
The media server has been acting up the past week or two.  It may or may not be a result of your expired membership.  

I've always loved the lines of the 1903 and would love to have one.   It just seems around here people think they are made of gold.  Especially if they are in a nicer condition.
View Quote

Same here. Around here everybody thinks they are worth the gold brick or more. I was lucky to have managed to snag this one
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wags] [#7]
I picked up a refinished one several years ago pretty cheap, complete with pimpish mother of pearl grips. It is a fun gun to shoot.  With the weight it feels like shooting a 22.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: evidently the pic I uploaded didn’t actually upload….
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
If the finish is good, and you can get the necessary parts replaced, that little guy is worth at least $600.  Probably more.

Nurmrich has parts, including extractors, safeties, springs and such.

I actually got my (1916-vintage) 1903 for a steal.  Private collection seller at a gun show, wanted a stupid low price for it.  I acted like I had to think about it - actually I had to go to the ATM.  Mine has about 70% finish with a little pitting here and there.  Runs like a top and is a real treat to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:45:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: airfoil] [#9]
.32 is my favorite target range caliber... next would be .22.  I would like to pick up one of those Colt semi autos if the price is right, around $600 for a shooter grade seems cheap in this day and age.

It's 'thrifty' shooting these two, Colt police positive from 1917 in .32 Colt and a Smith K22 Masterpiece circa 1947 in .22

I enjoy old firearms, and these were cheap...compared to newer models.  I've recently seen used .32 Ruger SP101's going for $800 and more.

Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:52:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hicap] [#10]
I have 2 I got from a friend over the years , I read somewhere a guy got killed when he dropped a 1903 and it went off and he got shot with it, they dont have the safety features like today

Attachment Attached File

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top