Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 5:38:23 PM EDT
I found this 1987 CZ 75 in a local shop for $550.  Not sure if that was too much, but I like older guns.  And although not the original grips, I really like how these Hogue's feel.  I already ordered some mags from Greg Cote, as non could be found in my local area.

Is this suppose to have an importers mark somewhere, or did I luck out?

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a nice pre-B!  

I don’t think you paid too much - given the times.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold loads of those doing the gun sales for Hahn Air Base, Germany.  89-90-91. Most were enameled as is yours.  You could get blue, but don’t remember anyone asking for one.

It was easy to bring them back on ATF Form 6s.  None of those brought back would have had import marks.  My source was Frankonia Jagd.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sold loads of those doing the gun sales for Hahn Air Base, Germany.  89-90-91. Most were enameled as is yours.  You could get blue, but don’t remember anyone asking for one.

It was easy to bring them back on ATF Form 6s.  None of those brought back would have had import marks.  My source was Frankonia Jagd.
View Quote

Probably how it got here.  The shop I bought it from is close to an Air Force Base.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to mention;  they were $225, and that included a few bucks for the Rod & Gun Club.  No tax.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I was in West Germany then 88-90', I imported 3 cz75s, 1 cz85, 1 cz83 and 4 cz50s on Form 6s.  No import marks on any of them.  Picked mine up at either the Munich or Bad Tolz R&Gs.

CD
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The weather finally let up and I got to go shoot this today.  Definitely was impressed by the accuracy.  This will probably be added to my carry rotation.

8 or 9 yards.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Needs repro waffle grips
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I find the pre-b models to be the most aesthetically pleasing.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I find the pre-b models to be the most aesthetically pleasing.  Very nice.
View Quote

Thant's what drew me to it.

Sticking with the same profile, I found this Shadow Tac II today.  I was debating between this or a Stacatto P.  But as this has been discontinued (and it was cheaper), I got this.  Even fit the holster I just received from ebay.

And if you get caught in slide lock, you can shiv a fool.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Very cool. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a pre-b.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thant's what drew me to it.

Sticking with the same profile, I found this Shadow Tac II today.  I was debating between this or a Stacatto P.  But as this has been discontinued (and it was cheaper), I got this.  Even fit the holster I just received from ebay.

https://i.imgur.com/VFJidye.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Jpu0vwa.jpg

And if you get caught in slide lock, you can shiv a fool.

https://i.imgur.com/ANwQ2ZL.jpg
View Quote

That the trench model with the recoil spring that doubles as a bayonet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top