Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2020 8:19:42 PM EDT
Debating between a few RMR's for the Staccato P DUO.

Trijicon SRO
Trijicon RMR Dual
Trijicon RMR Type 2 06
Leupold Delta Point Pro
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you plan on using it for? SRO is very good for competition, RMR is more rugged
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]
All around use. I like the SRO but hear it causes stove pipes on the staccatos because of how far forward it sits. RMR 06 is a beast other than having to remove to swap batteries and it sits higher due to the plate in the slide. The Leupold DPP is what it seems it was made for but am unsure Of the durability.

Was hoping to get some user opinions of what works well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Go over to Brian Enos’s Forum. A lot of guys using the different optics in carry optics. The Leupold guys usually have a couple so one is one the gun while the other is getting fixed. With a good mount, I am not worried about removing the optic to replace a battery. It will go back on very close requiring slight adjustment.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
None of the above.  Holosun 508T version 2  LINK

SRO   Tested
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:59:29 AM EDT
[#5]
RMR RM06 adjustable LED is the standard for quality MRDS.  I’d highly recommend.
RMR dual illumination is garbage.  If you get a pistol MRDS, you need something that has adjustable illumination in case you need to use the optic in failing or low light and could potentially experience washout issues.

Holosun is also doing very well.  I just can’t bring myself to buy a Chinese optic for geo-political reasons.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Holosun 508t V2 would be my pick.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Type 2 adjustable RMR. Either 1 or 3.25 MOA. One of these days I’ll try a holuson, but for now the price difference between the two isn’t big enough to get me to not use an rmr. Not when I’ve had 10k trouble free rounds on RMRs
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
well i ended up picking up a Staccato XC yesterday, STI has gotten enough money of mine now for a lifetime. I am leaning hard now toward the Type 2 RMR.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Seems like the consensus is for the rmr2. How are you guys with in mounting and remounting it annually for batteries swap? Is this a concern.

I also have a FNX 45 Tactical I’m running a dual illumination on and planning to swap it out for the sake of whatever I buy for the staccato XC.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jerhelo:
Seems like the consensus is for the rmr2. How are you guys with in mounting and remounting it annually for batteries swap? Is this a concern. 

I also have a FNX 45 Tactical I’m running a dual illumination on and planning to swap it out for the sake of whatever I buy for the staccato XC.
View Quote

If your mount has locating pins, the RMR will be very close when you reinstall it. Be just a slight turn of the adjusting screws to get it on the money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems like the consensus is for the rmr2. How are you guys with in mounting and remounting it annually for batteries swap? Is this a concern. 

I also have a FNX 45 Tactical I’m running a dual illumination on and planning to swap it out for the sake of whatever I buy for the staccato XC.
View Quote

I ran my Type2 RMR RM06 for 2.5 years on a single Duracell battery before I had to switch duty guns and get a new optic for said duty gun (unrelated to the RMR).  Unless you have specific needs for preventative battery swaps, there is little need to put a new one in every year.  You can, but it’s as easy as swapping the battery the night before you go to the range and then just shooting to confirm or adjust zero.  Last time I zeroed a pistol optic from scratch, it took me 15 minutes.  Reconfirming will take quite a bit less time.  Using Vibratite VC3 instead of blue threadlocker is also going to make your life easier.  

If this isn’t a duty gun, I’d also recommend that you look at the Trijicon SRO.  It has a top-loading battery and is one of the best optics to shoot with.  Massive lens.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
What do you plan on using it for? SRO is very good for competition, RMR is more rugged
View Quote

And the DPP is good for regularly evaluating the Leupold warranty process.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

This is why I'd personally go with a V2 flavor of a Holosun.  V2's now have side loading batteries.  Once it's mounted and zeroed there's no more messing with it for battery changes.  

From the looks of Sage Dynamics testing, the 508t V2 with the new housing shape is just at tough as an RMR.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#14]
RMR type 2 all day....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By detacbob:
RMR type 2 all day....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/179481/20200416_194757_jpg-1418502.JPG
View Quote

Man I just got the XC. Such a nice blaster!!!!

I’m leaning hard for the type 2. Guess I’ll just have to deal with the battery swaps every now and then.

Just worried about gumming the threads up after a few swaps, probably over thinking this.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#16]
If you get an RMR, which I would recommend, replace the hex fasteners with torx.  I use blue loctite and the hex stripped out but I haven't had the same issue with torx.  

I don't think that having to check zero once a year for the battery change is a big deal.  I usually double check zero a couple times a year anyways.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By milecreekmustang:
If you get an RMR, which I would recommend, replace the hex fasteners with torx.  I use blue loctite and the hex stripped out but I haven't had the same issue with torx.  

I don't think that having to check zero once a year for the battery change is a big deal.  I usually double check zero a couple times a year anyways.
View Quote

Do the threads get a messed up after a few swaps? Where do I get the torx screws???
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Do the threads get a messed up after a few swaps? Where do I get the torx screws???
View Quote

No, you don't need to replace them with torx screws. You can if you want, but you don't need to. You're only torquing the screws to 10-12 in-lbs, so they are quite easy to remove even with properly applied threadlocker.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#19]
The threads didn't get stripped, the head did.  I am sure you could get away without swapping them out but it would have prevented an issue for me.  I got mine from Battlewerx but you might want to confirm that they would work with your STI.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Why is there no love for the SRO?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I have an XC on order, which whould arrive at my FFL the first week of August.

I'm planning on installing a Deltapoint Pro.

Originally, I thought about going with the SRO, but after seeing the gap between the optic and the slide, and then reading about some guys getting brass stuck between the two, I'm just going to go with the DPP. I've already got one laying around so that helps too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Why is there no love for the SRO?
View Quote

Probably because the glass shatters into a million pieces if dropped and a cheaper Holosun doesn’t.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mcbowflex:

Probably because the glass shatters into a million pieces if dropped and a cheaper Holosun doesn’t.
View Quote

Yeah but I think it has to take a pretty hard hit to break. Dropping something from shoulder height directly onto concrete is not normal or something I have ever done. It does make me want the type 2 just for that extra durability but hate the idea of unmounting it every year or two to change the battery.  Trade offs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Yeah but I think it has to take a pretty hard hit to break. Dropping something from shoulder height directly onto concrete is not normal or something I have ever done. It does make me want the type 2 just for that extra durability but hate the idea of unmounting it every year or two to change the battery.  Trade offs.
View Quote

I don't understand why people think battery replacement is such an issue.  It takes about 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#25]

I don't understand why people think battery replacement is such an issue.  It takes about 30 seconds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah but I think it has to take a pretty hard hit to break. Dropping something from shoulder height directly onto concrete is not normal or something I have ever done. It does make me want the type 2 just for that extra durability but hate the idea of unmounting it every year or two to change the battery.  Trade offs.

I don't understand why people think battery replacement is such an issue.  It takes about 30 seconds.

It’s not the thirty seconds in my mind, it’s wrenching on a $4k pistol annually to change a battery. At least with the trijicon on the staccato XC it threads into an adaptor plate.  If this was a 6-8 hundred dollar polymer pistol I could care less. I’m sure I’m over thinking this and am flipping coins between the SRO and the RMR type 2. I love the window on the SRO and don’t plan to drop it from shoulder height but I am pretty hard on my pistols, doubt I’d break it but it’s in the back of my mind. The type 2 seems the work horse that I never have to worry about other than the battery.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#26]
If you truly believe that removing two screws is hard on your gun then the SRO will be perfect on your safe queen.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#27]
If you truly believe that removing two screws is hard on your gun then the SRO will be perfect on your safe queen.
View Quote

Ha, that’s the motivation I needed!!! Thanks. Do you own an XC?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I have both, I like the SRO.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kuryakyn:
I have both, I like the SRO. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14611/DD361B96-FE3F-40E6-8B50-52A7B05675C9_jpe-1426192.JPG
View Quote

Does the SRO feel robust, unless I drop it from my shoulder height onto itself seems pretty legit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Does the SRO feel robust, unless I drop it from my shoulder height onto itself seems pretty legit.
View Quote

I doubt it would take a fall very well but I’ve never dropped a gun and really have no plans to drop it. If I could only have one of them I’d take the SRO every time. The rmr just works better for me on my carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ha, that’s the motivation I needed!!! Thanks. Do you own an XC?
View Quote

@jerhelo

See photo in previous post above.....

With an RMR Type 2...
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@jerhelo

See photo in previous post above.....

With an RMR Type 2...
View Quote

LOL, where was my head, i figured yours would look like it had been drug down a gravel rode and ran over.

mine is not going to be a safe queen anymore than yours, but i appreciate the motivation. I just don't like to tinker, i would prefer to just be able to swap the battery without pulling it off. I really wanted a SRO but it is looking more and more like im going with the RMR 2. Going to flip coins , best of 3 is going to make the decision for me.

john.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL, where was my head, i figured yours would look like it had been drug down a gravel rode and ran over.

mine is not going to be a safe queen anymore than yours, but i appreciate the motivation. I just don't like to tinker, i would prefer to just be able to swap the battery without pulling it off. I really wanted a SRO but it is looking more and more like im going with the RMR 2. Going to flip coins , best of 3 is going to make the decision for me.

john.
View Quote

Mines only about 6 weeks or so old.  Hasn't had much aging yet.

Some day we will have ranges open again and matches again just like the good old days.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Some day we will have ranges open again and matches again just like the good old days.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

john.

Ours never closed here. I have just been too busy and the last couple trips were with SR-25’s. Only had my XC for a week, it will get run this weekend for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top