Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2018 7:45:51 AM EDT
Quality? Parts interchangeability? Is $450 OTD for one in nice condition a good deal?

Mec-Gar 13rd vs 15rd mags?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Rebranded FEGs.  Probably not a bad price now that Browning has discontinued the Hi Power.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They are a solid clone; price seems about right at this point
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Charles Daly, Kareen, Mauser 80 etc. are all FEG.

The 13rd Mec-Gars will serve you better and be more reliable. The 15rd magazines have hollow base followers that can and will tip (or stand straight up/down) inside your magazine with the right amount of force. The 15rd magazines make good range magazine though, but wouldn't use for carry. If you need more than 13rds find a Mec-Gar 20rd magazine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Charles Daly, Kareen, Mauser 80 etc. are all FEG.

The 13rd Mec-Gars will serve you better and be more reliable. The 15rd magazines have hollow base followers that can and will tip (or stand straight up/down) inside your magazine with the right amount of force. The 15rd magazines make good range magazine though, but wouldn't use for carry. If you need more than 13rds find a Mec-Gar 20rd magazine.
View Quote
I've never had any reliability issues with the fifteen round magazines and have no problem carrying them.

The twenty round USGI magazines don't have anti tilt followers and it's not an issue.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never had any reliability issues with the fifteen round magazines and have no problem carrying them.
View Quote
Nor have I had any issues with four 15 rounders or one 20. I carry a 15 and the 20 for a spare.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The gun that destroyed Charles Daly.  Basically FEG parts assembled in the US.  The first batch was by Dan Wesson, the second by Magnum Research.  Roughly 5,000 pistols between the two.  Project experienced major cost overruns.   Pretty sure CD lost money on every gun they sold.

Kind of rare.  Not sure I've ever seen one in the wild.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine is a Dan Wesson one and it runs the 15 round fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top