Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2018 10:29:36 PM EDT
I can only afford to run about 50 rounds a week. And I've been running the G19 every week for the past few month. I love the Operator and I really want to carry it, but damn, she's pricey for me to practice with, holds half the ammo and weighs more, but, I'm going to practice with it for the next couple months. I've working on my draw from the Milt Spark VM2, I love that holster, and dry firing about 3 or 4 times a week. This was 7 at 12 ft, 7 at 25 ft, 7 @ 50, 7 @ 75, 7 @ 25 and 7 @ 50 again. I don't think its to bad. The fliers were at 75 ft, I need glasses, the target is a blur past 25 ft. I did have 3 failures to go into battery, had to just lightly bump the slide. After about 300 rounds this is the first problem Ive had. Maybe needed some lube or maybe the generic range ammo. I cleaned and lubed her up once I got home.
IMG_1190 by ,
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s good to see someone shooting past 7 yards and posting their groups online. Keep lots of lube on it and it will probably run fine. David
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can only afford to run about 50 rounds a week. And I've been running the G19 every week for the past few month. I love the Operator and I really want to carry it, but damn, she's pricey for me to practice with, holds half the ammo and weighs more, but, I'm going to practice with it for the next couple months. I've working on my draw from the Milt Spark VM2, I love that holster, and dry firing about 3 or 4 times a week. This was 7 at 12 ft, 7 at 25 ft, 7 @ 50, 7 @ 75, 7 @ 25 and 7 @ 50 again. I don't think its to bad. The fliers were at 75 ft, I need glasses, the target is a blur past 25 ft. I did have 3 failures to go into battery, had to just lightly bump the slide. After about 300 rounds this is the first problem Ive had. Maybe needed some lube or maybe the generic range ammo. I cleaned and lubed her up once I got home.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4701/40093465522_372053e887_c.jpgIMG_1190 by ,
View Quote
Lookin good man. I was carrying a high-cap plastic 9mm when I bought my Champion Operator years ago and I thought because of its weight and capacity it would be relegated to home defense or range use, but once I shot it, game over. I was so good at shooting with that gun it was like an extension of my eyeballs. I got a holster for it and started carrying it year round.

I wanted to mention to check your ejector and make sure it hasn't come loose. One time I had a failure to go in to battery on my Champion Operator, and I gave it a bump and carried on my merry little way. Then I went to field strip it and it took significant force to get the slide off. Come to find out that my Wilson Combat 47D magazines were actually shoving the top round in to the bottom of the ejector when reloading at slide-lock. This ended up popping the front end of the extractor out and it needed to be re-staked. I sent it back to Springfield and they replaced it, drilled the frame, and staked the ejector.
My current 2x 1911s are both staked ejectors now because of this experience.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, good to know. I have been using Wilson mags. Not sure why, have 4 factory ones that came with the gun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Loved the one I had.

Ate lots of wolf and Tula.

Lots of it - like 1200+ rounds.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, good to know. I have been using Wilson mags. Not sure why, have 4 factory ones that came with the gun.
View Quote
It's probably not that, but it was part of MY learning experience with the 1911 platform, so now I share whenever I can.

The springfield that's in my holster now has a pinned ejector, but even if it didn't none of my Wilson mags come close to touching the ejector.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lookin good man. I was carrying a high-cap plastic 9mm when I bought my Champion Operator years ago and I thought because of its weight and capacity it would be relegated to home defense or range use, but once I shot it, game over. I was so good at shooting with that gun it was like an extension of my eyeballs. I got a holster for it and started carrying it year round.

I wanted to mention to check your ejector and make sure it hasn't come loose. One time I had a failure to go in to battery on my Champion Operator, and I gave it a bump and carried on my merry little way. Then I went to field strip it and it took significant force to get the slide off. Come to find out that my Wilson Combat 47D magazines were actually shoving the top round in to the bottom of the ejector when reloading at slide-lock. This ended up popping the front end of the extractor out and it needed to be re-staked. I sent it back to Springfield and they replaced it, drilled the frame, and staked the ejector.
View Quote
I think SA took a bad shortcut on those.  I have a MC operator that had a glued in ejector.  Damn thing will fall out with the slide off, but it runs find assembled .  I need to send it in for proper pinning.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think SA took a bad shortcut on those.  I have a MC operator that had a glued in ejector.  Damn thing will fall out with the slide off, but it runs find assembled .  I need to send it in for proper pinning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fell out on my loaded as well. I degreased the ejector and the hole. Then red lock tighted it in and it's been good for thousands of rounds and very hard reloads.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I miss my Champion Operator.
Traded it. Great gun
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a Wilson Colt of that length.  Very finicky.  I am glad it is gone.  OP is probably going to need a set of recoil springs.  Maybe some polishing too. 

If you can deal with life without the gun for a couple weeks, send it to SA and they will make it right.  Send it without a mag.  It will probably come back with one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top