Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:26:17 PM EDT
Hello, I’m making my way through the Vickers 1911 book and he (and this community) seem to hold Caspian parts in high regard. If I were to buy a slide and receiver from them can I assume the two parts will fit right out of the box? I’m no pistol smith, just wanting to enjoy the process and get my own parts. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Caspian has a longstanding rep for making good parts. That said, I wouldn't want to bet on any 1911 parts fitting perfectly without work. Get the Jerry Kuhnhausen's books and start reading. I'd start off with reasonably inexpensive parts and work up.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:53:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I’ll get the parts I want or think I need and send it off to a pro to assemble. Thanks for the advice sir.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like I’ll get the parts I want or think I need and send it off to a pro to assemble. Thanks for the advice sir.
View Quote
You can certainly order the slide & frame both from caspian "production fit", you should have great results. Fitting the rest of the parts will take some know-how.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You can pay for them to fit the slide for you.  Though honestly you should be able to do this yourself.  The slide to frame fit is the easiest fitting you'll do on a 1911.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
They make good parts, but their roll marks are ugly and HUGE.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#6]
They do sell bald slides.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:10:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They do sell bald slides.
View Quote
They will only warranty the slide if you have a rollmarked one.  Personally I always found the rollmark so offputting that I just either bought bald ones or removed the mark.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I order my few with just the "C" logo. Can't see the marks when your using it.

The huge rollmarks on the flats from any manuf, I do dislike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top