Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2018 1:04:55 AM EDT
Seems most cartridge belts are more for cowboy action and have loops most of the way around. I was thinking it would be nice to have something more along the lines of a regular belt you could actually wear with pants/shorts (i.e. through the belt loops) but with maybe six loops close to the front. I have one of those slip over the belt ammo carriers, but something integrated would be more streamline. Anyone seen anything like this?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
What you’re looking for is called a cartridge slide.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Made a few, but cannot recall the names of the USA made belts of this type, maybe the old Lawrence firm had one, or Gaylord?
Would have to dig out the old brochures....
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What you’re looking for is called a cartridge slide.
View Quote
I have a cartridge slide. Am looking for a belt with "built in" cartridge holder but not all cowboy action style. Just a regular 1.5" belt with 6 loops. If I had any leather tools and skills I could probably do it myself but I don't. No doubt a belt/holster maker could do it as well, but was hoping to find something cheap to try because maybe in the end I won't like it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Contact Rick Bachman at Old West Reproductions.  He will make whatever you want and he is the best at his craft.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seems most cartridge belts are more for cowboy action and have loops most of the way around. I was thinking it would be nice to have something more along the lines of a regular belt you could actually wear with pants/shorts (i.e. through the belt loops)...
View Quote

Cowboy gun belts typically hold a gun and not your pants. They usually get buckled over top of a separate belt or suspenders which support the pants.

Reason being,  cartridge loops may be difficult to to shove through the belt loops.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cowboy gun belts typically hold a gun and not your pants. They usually get buckled over top of a separate belt or suspenders which support the pants.

Reason being,  cartridge loops may be difficult to to shove through the belt loops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems most cartridge belts are more for cowboy action and have loops most of the way around. I was thinking it would be nice to have something more along the lines of a regular belt you could actually wear with pants/shorts (i.e. through the belt loops)...

My thoughts as well, depends on the pants though. The jeans I'm wearing now could allow it, but other pants I have wouldn't.

OP, ask you LGS if they know anyone in your area that does leather work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top