Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 6:50:10 PM EDT
Anyone have a lead on one?  Maybe my Google fu is week but I cannot find one in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like GlockStore has some G17 GEN 5 KKM threaded barrels but, being KKM, their price is a little higher
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock store if/when they are in stock. Griffin arms has a solid one. I need one too. The last 3 years but won’t pay 250+
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like GlockStore has some G17 GEN 5 KKM threaded barrels but, being KKM, their price is a little higher
View Quote

At the same price KKM advertises, without the 12 week lead time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the links!  I would prefer a black barrel over stainless.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the links!  I would prefer a black barrel over stainless.
View Quote

Agency has their blem sale going on too but they have DLC finish on their threaded barrels

http://www.agencyarms.com/agency-arms-high-polished-mid-line-match-grade-drop-in-barrel-compatible-with-glock-17-gen-1-4
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agency has their blem sale going on too but they have DLC finish on their threaded barrels

http://www.agencyarms.com/agency-arms-high-polished-mid-line-match-grade-drop-in-barrel-compatible-with-glock-17-gen-1-4
View Quote

That barrel says it's gen 1-4 compatible only
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally found one!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok well fuck me...I think I'm destined to not have a threaded gen5 barrel.  I open the package to install in the gen5 G17 and start to unscrew the thread protector.  The threads are left hand and not right hand like the package reads.  I say whatever I can deal with that as I have plenty of pistons in different thread patterns.  Then I remove the unthreaded barrel and start comparing them.  I can see right away the barrel lugs are different.  I'm pretty sure this is a gen4 barrel mis-packaged in the gen5 packaging.  Fuck.

Barrel on left came out of the pistol and barrel on right came.out of the package (it was completely factory sealed when I got it).  I'm going to call the vendor first thing in the morning.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#11]
You might want to order a black nitride KKM barrel.  At least you will eventually have a really good match-grade barrel with the proper threading you need.

EDIT:  I own a few Gen 3 Glock OEM threaded barrels, and they are all metric LH threads.  I've never seen a Glock barrel with Imperial RH threads.  (Not to say they don't exist.  But I've looked for 1/2-28 RH thread Glock OEM, and never found one.)
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You might want to order a black nitride KKM barrel.  At least you will eventually have a really good match-grade barrel with the proper threading you need.

EDIT:  I own a few Gen 3 Glock OEM threaded barrels, and they are all metric LH threads.  I've never seen a Glock barrel with Imperial RH threads.  (Not to say they don't exist.  But I've looked for 1/2-28 RH thread Glock OEM, and never found one.)
View Quote

The Gen5 are RH.

OP, yes you got a Gen3 G17 barrel
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I just spoke to the vendor this morning and they it happens from time to time with Glock and them mispackaging parts.  Sending it back for full refund and back to waiting for another shipment to come in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I was in the same boat.  I got the KKM.  It's amazing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was in the same boat.  I got the KKM.  It's amazing.
View Quote

@acjones1200

Was the wait time 20 weeks or so?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@acjones1200

View Quote

They have always had a 30-day delivery extension on the nitride barrels.  The last one I ordered for a G3/17 took about a week from order-to-door.  But that was a year ago.  Maybe a phone call would be worth your time?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I ordered the KKM black nitride so we'll see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@acjones1200

View Quote

I didn't get it directly from KKM.  THink it was GLockstore or Ebay.  Worth it though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#19]
So Gen 3, 4 and 5 all need unique barrels?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top