Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2019 9:52:15 PM EDT
How do they keep the price as low as they do for the guns they offer.

A Salient upgraded gun, which I have handled, is just a few bills more than a stock Glock.

How do they do it?

Gun in question. https://www.centuryarms.com/tp9-elite-combat.html

Not trying to troll, just wondering how they can keep the price so low.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You do know they are made in Turkey right?  Labor costs far less there I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DCopp:
You do know they are made in Turkey right?  Labor costs far less there I'm sure.
View Quote
Yes. Does quality suffer because of it?

I have read practically no real negative on the guns, and I'm just impressed at the price point, and I guess, can't believe they can get it done so cheap.

I can get the gun I posted for roughly $750, but I'm wondering what the catch is at that price. If cheap foreign labor on an import gun is what keeps the price down, then I'm in!
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid around $400 for mine. Forget what model it is.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Yarael:
I paid around $400 for mine. Forget what model it is.
View Quote
I know the price range they sell for, I'm just curious how they turn out such good pistols at that price point.

For what they are, it seems they could easily be going for a few bills more than they are now.

My question is how they keep the price as low as they do.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By slims_88:

I know the price range they sell for, I'm just curious how they turn out such good pistols at that price point.

For what they are, it seems they could easily be going for a few bills more than they are now.

My question is how they keep the price as low as they do.
View Quote
Clones of Walther's that are imported into the US is my guess.

Mine is a TP9-DA.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#6]
How do they keep the price as low as they do for the guns they offer.

A Salient upgraded gun, which I have handled, is just a few bills more than a stock Glock.

How do they do it?

Gun in question. https://www.centuryarms.com/tp9-elite-combat.html

Not trying to troll, just wondering how they can keep the price so low.
View Quote
Low labor costs, lower material costs, less govt. regulations on business practices keep overall business costs down, such as environmental, safety, insurance, etc.  All the government interference and other social costs make manufacturing in the USA very expensive. Just the record keeping, for instance, is ridiculous.
Turkey used to have some subsidies on industries like weapons and such deemed important for national defense and independence.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
They are great good to go ! I think the price will start creeping up I see guns like this or a new line come out the price is a good deal and before long its up with the rest of the stuff .
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#8]
If your a female or soyboi you may have feeding issues. I diagnosed them as classical limp wrists. FYI.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Yes. Does quality suffer because of it?

I have read practically no real negative on the guns, and I'm just impressed at the price point, and I guess, can't believe they can get it done so cheap.

I can get the gun I posted for roughly $750, but I'm wondering what the catch is at that price. If cheap foreign labor on an import gun is what keeps the price down, then I'm in!
View Quote

There is no 'catch' in the overall quality of the gun.
I saw a review from a youtube gun guy (yea, a dime a dozen, but he seemed pretty legit) on the Combat Elite, and he was comparing it to the FN 509, and pretty much came to the conclusion it was better in almost every way, and the price made it a winner.

The only downside is that none of the big sight makers make night sights for them, and no suppressor height sights either.
I bought 3 new ones and a used one over the past year and a half.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a elite combat a few weeks ago, iirc msrp is 750 or 799, my lgs had it listed for 699, and thats what I paid.

It shoots great, has a great trigger.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:46:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#11]
Originally Posted By Hydguy:

The only downside is that none of the big sight makers make night sights for them, and no suppressor height sights either.
View Quote

I think the new ones use another guns sight cut, might be glock in the rear and m&p or something else in the front. Be right back to go look.

yes glock rear, and to make your life really easy looky what I found on the canik forum

Dawson precision canik front sight

@hydguy
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By IAm4:

I think the new ones use another guns sight cut, might be glock in the rear and m&p or something else in the front. Be right back to go look.

yes glock rear, and to make your life really easy looky what I found on the canik forum

Dawson precision canik front sight

@hydguy
View Quote

You'll need to measure your current sight height, then select the appropriate one. Now would be a great time to fix that elevation problem, or set it for a different sight picture.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Glocks and m&ps are super cheap to make, they cost what they do because the market will bear it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#14]
The only downside to Canik pistols is that you will have a really tough time getting factory mags.  There are lots of other mags that can be modified to fit Canik pistols but factory mags are unobtanium over the last year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#15]
This is so true about  the Canik mag shortage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top