Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2019 9:32:46 AM EDT
What spare parts should be kept on hand just in case.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
There were some issues with firing pin breakage.  They would send a new one if your broke but could always have one ready to go
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
none.  it has a lifetime warranty.  Let them pay for parts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
none.  it has a lifetime warranty.  Let them pay for parts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Recoil spring assy. for whatever given model....... that is a normal wear/replacement item (if you shoot enough) that is not covered by warranty with ANY manufacturer.
Waaaay to many people skip this simple maintenance practice, and doing it can often eliminate the frame battering from a spring that is well beyond its given cycle lifespan... and then "can" cause other issues/parts breakage.

I haven't read what Canik says about round count, but I will stick to my default and change at around 5000 rds until I here otherwise. $16.99 from CAI is cheap insurance.

Of course, if you're like many shooters: the gun won't ever even see 1000 rds in its life and therefore... nothing is probably needed
so YMMV
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Century is making me regret buying a Canik.  I've been waiting for a recoil spring for over 2 months.  They say they don't have them and have no idea when they will get them in.  Pistol will not properly eject (they flat out told me it is a known problem) and is useless.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Now at the 3 month point waiting for a recoil spring.  Guys, if you need parts for these, it might be a while.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]
There are aftermarket spring set ups that you can use in your canik. I run a glock gen 3 15lb guide rod and spring with a gen 4 adapter. Here's the one I use. You can replace the springs on it. Just grind off the ridge.
https://www.ndzperformance.com/product-p/ndz-gra-g4-pvd03-g17-gl15.htm

Here's factory recoil springs. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/patp55041
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:33:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triode] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
Now at the 3 month point waiting for a recoil spring.  Guys, if you need parts for these, it might be a while.
View Quote

Depending on the model they have recoil springs on the Canik website, including the set with the heavy and light springs.  I bought mine there a few weeks back.  I saw them in stock at Primary Arms as well.

https://www.primaryarms.com/canik-tp9-recoil-spring-set
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for links guys.  What upsets me a little is they have admitted to a known problem, told me they would send me a spring and now we are over 3 months wait time.  I guess the Turks are taking their time.  I emailed Century about it again last week and no response.  I guess I'll have to spend $33-39 plus tax & shipping on my own to fix it.  Spring kit is $30 on their website but is on backorder.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]
They need to fix this issue asap! Parts and mags.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Century/Canik is blaming all of their backorder/availability problems on Covid shutdowns in Europe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top