Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2021 11:43:45 PM EDT
So I am seriously considering getting the Mete Sfx and wondering if a vortex venom 6moa red dot can be mounted.  Canlk states that the Trijicon RMRcc and Shield RMS/RMSc footprint is acceptable and being new to pistol red dots i hope the hive can answer my question.  Being an ole dude I  think the red dot will help with my aging eyes.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The venom is too big (front to back) for the slide cut.

Get a holosun 407k or 507k depending on which dot size you prefer, the rmsc plate included with the mete will require the rear lugs being sanded flush, and you'll be good to go.

I have this exact combo.  It is excellent.  It takes time to get used to "finding the dot" but watch several of Sage Dynamics and Modern Samurai Project vids on YouTube and you'll get some good pointers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Drew
Thanks for the reply I am looking for a 6 moa dot or so, I will check out the 507 and 407.  So my next question will I be able to co witness the irons with either if these?  I am old school and always want back ups. And again thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#3]
No, the irons will not co-witness.
They will be lower than lower 1/3.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I mounted my Holosun 507k gr x2 directly on the slide. No adapter plate. Works great and makes the factory sights more useable. They are pretty low though.  No problem with the circle reticle being to low either. Not sure why anyone would use the plate. I have a slight astigmatism and the 507 reticle looks perfect to me. I can’t say that about many other red dots.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the same setup and astigmatism and the green dot circle is better for me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top