Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2018 1:36:06 AM EDT
Can the HUMP in the DW A2 be REPLACED or do you have to shave down the metal, do checkering, and refinish it?   (SEE PIC)

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you buy a new mainspring housing and transfer the guts over
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah...so no cutting.  That's a relief.  I'm fine if it's just a matter of fitting a housing in there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Easy swap I would call DW and order a blued MSH from a Valor so it matches.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes they have to be fitted.  But the two I ever did, didn't need to be.  One was metal one I got from Amherst Depot and the other was a kimber plastic one I had on a Springy Milspec.  The metal Amhurst Depot one went on the Kimber.  It was all good.   But if you order one from brownells or something, sometimes in the notes it says requires fitting.  Or may require fitting......  I think it's just a matter of some might be tight and need to be filed a little to slide in.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The main risk is that the MSH pin holes may not line up. In that case best to just try another brand.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
With the hammer down, push the main spring pin. Push on the side shown in your picture. the mainspring housing will slide out. Slide a flat mainspring housing in. Be sure the hammer strut is resting on the mainspring cap and that the legs on the bottom of the grip safety are pushed in and push the mainspring hosing up till the pin hole is in line with the holes in the frame Then push the pin in.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a sexy gun that I did not know existed.

Must. Not. Buy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think anyone has mentioned it but you can also install a magwell with a flat MSH if you want. Both mine dropped right in.

The pic shows stainless (S&A) but they make them in blue also.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#9]
You may want to consider acquiring more knowledge ref. the nomenclature of the 1911 and it's operation.
Many folks use the Kuhnhausen manuals.
NOT being critical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top