Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2020 8:55:21 PM EDT
Wondering if it's possible. If not with the optics ready model, can the slide be milled for it on the standard model?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd assume someone will come along and make an adapter plate, but I haven't seen one yet.  The only two that fit are the JP and the Shield, which are basically the same thing, just different material.  The issue with the RMR is that it's wider than the slide by quite a bit, so it's a bit goofy.

I'd assume Trijicon will release a skinnier RMR here soon if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes sense, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The RMR is 1.1" (28mm) wide and the Romero Zero is 0.93" (23.7mm) wide so to make it fit you'd need a plate that stuck out about 2mm on either side of the slide assuming you center it. It'd be doable but it'd be an odd bulge on the gun.

The RMR is the width that it is because it needs to be able to fit the CR2032 battery it uses. If Trijicon does make a smaller model they'd probably have to switch to the CR1632 that some of the other red dots are using including their SRO model so there is some precedent for that but it would reduce the battery life.

Trijicon is claiming Over 4 years of continuous use (when used at 70F (21C)) at setting 4 of 8 with the RMR and only 3 years with the same settings and temp conditions on the SRO. If you keep it in the cold weather or very hot weather you'd effect those times.

Random bit of trivia/knowledge the numbers of lithium ion batteries come from the size so the CR2032 is 20mm wide and 3.2mm thick while the CR1632 is 16mm wide and 3.2mm thick.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna let trijicon know they need to get started on the low profile rmr with that smaller battery so it can fit nicely on the hellcat I don't own yet, lol. I'm good with the battery only lasting

Didn't know that about the sizing and battery numbers.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm gonna let trijicon know they need to get started on the low profile rmr with that smaller battery so it can fit nicely on the hellcat I don't own yet, lol. I'm good with the battery only lasting

Didn't know that about the sizing and battery numbers.

Thanks!
View Quote
Yep, works with most, if not all lithium batteries.  18650 is 18mm Diameter, 65.0 mm long. 14500 (AA size) is 14mm Diameter, 50.0mm long.

You could get a skinnier model, like the JP or the Shield?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit! Resurrection after exactly 1 year, and much has changed...

I now own 2 hellcats. I also own a Holosun 507k that took minimal bubba work on the slide to get to fit.

Also an option is the rmrcc now, though the foot print is not correct for direct fit. Much changed on exactly one year!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top