Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2022 12:36:33 PM EDT
I came into half a case of this 9mm Ball that was imported by Interarms.
headstamp shows the number 11 at 12 o'clock, the number 52 at 6 o'clock and a star at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock.
anyone have idea of country of origin, corrosive or non corrosive, etc.
brass cases. sealed primers and case mouths.

image photo upload

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yugoslavian I believe, with berdan primers.

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yugo, corrosive, 1952 vintage. Likely on the warmer end of 9mm ball ammunition velocity as well.

I had some similar vintage Yugo .380 ACP that was very spicy...
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Corrosive no biggie clean gun properly
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Forget the time period but it was 1970s or 80s that Interarms brought over a bunch of very high pressured 9mm. It was designed for submachine guns but apparently the buyer and staff at InterArms didn't know it. Any rate there were some "incidents" with this ammo and they did a big recall, as in full size ads in Shotgun News and gun magazines. Maybe some collectors have the specifics as I've never seen the stuff out west. I recall the "incident's happened pretty quickly after it was first advertised for sale.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forget the time period but it was 1970s or 80s that Interarms brought over a bunch of very high pressured 9mm. It was designed for submachine guns but apparently the buyer and staff at InterArms didn't know it. Any rate there were some "incidents" with this ammo and they did a big recall, as in full size ads in Shotgun News and gun magazines. Maybe some collectors have the specifics as I've never seen the stuff out west. I recall the "incident's happened pretty quickly after it was first advertised for sale.
View Quote

I think you are thinking of the British L7 9x19mm that was hot. That was much later than the 70s-80s. The "hot for SMGs" thing is pretty much a myth. SMGs don't require or benefit from such a thing. There are some hot loads out there (for specific reasons, like the British stuff and Israeliblack tip) and some bad lots, but there really aren't that many examples out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top