Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2021 10:26:56 PM EDT
Just got my CCW for Kalifornia and Arizona.  There are places that have the "no firearms" stickers that Kali recognizes as "gun free zones".  Those are easy to avoid.  Having to step on a school campus to pick up a kid isn't always easy to avoid and thus requires to disarm.

Looking for suggestions for an in-car gun box.  Something more than the harbor freight cable box, but not looking to spend any retirement savings Biden has tried taking.

Under seat?  Trunk?  

Is under seat better so you aren't seen in a parking lot disarming?  Is the Trunk more secure?  

Open to all suggestions and experiences.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how much room you have to work with inside the vehicle or in the trunk.  I have a suburban and use my third row seat as the gear area. Heavy duty pelican case, 4 long shank master locks in the reinforced lock holes, then I run a large diameter Kryptonite cable through the licks, through the carry handle then through the seat mounts on the bottom. Cover the case with a matching color blanket. Not as good as a bed safe but no one will get it out without serious tools. The cables on most of those type of safes can be snatched out of the sockets without much effort.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
For pistols? Console Vaults in my Trucks (Sierra and Suburban).  Under-seat lock boxes, bolted in using seat bolts, in Wranglers.  Emergency cash also stored there.

For long guns?  Hard rifle cases cable-locked to roll bars in Jeeps or cargo tie-downs in trucks.  Or soft rifle cases with the cable going through the mag well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Glocks in a Dodge Charger.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For pistols? Console Vaults in my Trucks (Sierra and Suburban).  Under-seat lock boxes, bolted in using seat bolts, in Wranglers.  Emergency cash also stored there.

For long guns?  Hard rifle cases cable-locked to roll bars in Jeeps or cargo tie-downs in trucks.  Or soft rifle cases with the cable going through the mag well.
View Quote

Sorry, my phone died on me last night.....
Basically this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top