Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2018 11:25:33 PM EDT
I have a CZ 75 Compact for my carry gun that I'm starting to question if I should have just got a P07 instead. right at 200 rounds in, and I've already come across a few..."quirks"...with future plans.

What I'm looking at right now is mag extensions.

I'd like to throw either the CZ Custom or the Taran Tactical +4 baseplate extensions on my spare mags, to go from having 14rd backups to having 18rd backups.

CZC didn't respond to my inquiry, while Taran tactical provided the following:

Unfortunately the CZ75 base pads will not work on the compact models !

(me): Is it something a smith could get to work, like just a clearance issue, or is a completely different baseplate setup?

No it is just a different base pad all around, is only work on the full size magazine!
View Quote
Reddit inquiry though appears to state that they would work, but given that both of these responses are directly conflicting and one of them is the actual manufacturer vs. some guy on the internet, I'm turning to, well, more guys on the internet. Because that makes sense.

Has anyone here tried this before? Or is there someone out there that makes mag extensions for the CZ 75 Compact? CZC also offers 10 and 13 coil mag spring/follower setups. Between a spring/follower, tools, confidence, and a willingness to take a small chance, is there a way to make this work with the compact model CZ75? Or should I just throw it on EE to sell or trade for a P07? Because though I do love the way this shoots, so far, that's looking like it might be the best route for a number of reasons.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
As you said, the standard CZ75 Compact magazine is usually 14 rounds.

Some come with a 16 round magazine and plastic base plates that fit flush with the bottom of the Compact's frame.  The urban gray P01 has the 16 round/plastic base magazine and was sold that way.  The black P01 came with the 14 round magazines with a soft rubber base plate.  The standard CZ 75 Compact has a metal base plate, but still holds 14 rounds.  You can buy the 16 round magazines with the plastic base plate from Greg Cote, LLC.  Or you can buy 16 round Mecgar magazines and the base plates separately and put them together on your own.  Price is about the same, if you can get the magazines with a very good sale price.  Otherwise, just buy the magazine with the base plate already installed.

More than 16 rounds?  You're looking at the Mecgar extended magazines (17 or 19 rounds).  The bases won't be flush with the frame on the compact, but you'll have more rounds.

+2 base plates

greg cote llc. mecgar-and-cz-plus-two-adapter

16 round magazine with the flush fitting base plate

greg cote llc  mecgar-cz-75-compact-9mm-16-rd-extended-mg

17 round (these will not be pretty - stick out well below the bottom of the frame - but they work).

greg cote llc cz-75b-cz-85b-cz-75-sp01-cz-shadow-2-17-rd-9mm-mg

19 round.  Same comments as the 17 round.

greg cotellc cz-75b-cz-75-sp01-cz-shadow-2-19-rd-9mm-2-adapter-mg

I have used all the above in my Compacts (CZ75 and P01).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top