Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2020 7:27:12 PM EDT
Anyone purchased a new hammer fired CZ recently? I picked up a new P07 today and this little item was included in the box:

Giving out snap caps now? I have no idea on the manufacture date of this P07, but I also recently picked up a P09 Urban Grey and it didn't have a snap cap

ETA: Obligatory pictures of said P07 and P09:

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They were giving those same ones out with new guns a dozen years ago.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't get one in the P-07 I got 2 weeks ago.

ETA:  looked in the box under the backstraps and there it was
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
They were giving those same ones out with new guns a dozen years ago.
View Quote

Yup. I got some with my first CZ in 07-08. None since then.

I think it’s good practice to have snap caps anyways, makes it easier for dry fire practice. Even Glocks can suffer breech face damage from unprotected dry fire. Rare but has happened.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad I don't have any with the roll pin.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Cut ear plugs in half and send it.

Anything with a FPB should probably use something,  and like one of the other posters said, breechface failures aren't unheard of from the firing pin hitting bottom.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I can speak from experience repeated dry firing of a CZ with a firing pin retaining pin will see the firing pen deform and eventually break.  One of the things I change on my CZ pistol with that pin is to the CGW hardened pin that holds up better to the battering and I also use snap caps in the pistol if I plan to do dry fire practice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember getting those same snap caps with new CZ pistols over 15 years ago. Forgot about them, hadn't received them with a pistol in a long time.

Those particular snap caps are junk though, they don't last.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a faucet washer and cut it to fit in the rear of the slide, You can still dry fire but the hammer won't hit the firing pin.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get a faucet washer and cut it to fit in the rear of the slide, You can still dry fire but the hammer won't hit the firing pin.
View Quote

Good idea and it reminds me - on the Enos forum they have the size of O-ring listed that’s a perfect fit on the back of the CZ slides. No need for snap caps.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good idea and it reminds me - on the Enos forum they have the size of O-ring listed that’s a perfect fit on the back of the CZ slides. No need for snap caps.
View Quote

This is a good idea; though, I worry about setting up to carry and forgetting the "O" ring is still in the slide.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is a good idea; though, I worry about setting up to carry and forgetting the "O" ring is still in the slide.
View Quote
I actually did exactly that once, found it next trip to the range.

So I recommend something in a high-visibility color.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Neither my P-07/09 came with a snap cap.
Bought them a few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]
The P-01 I bought less than a year ago didn't come with any.

I've just been placing a mechanical pencil eraser between the firing pin and hammer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You jinxed me! It just happened to me so yes I would agree to keeping it high visibility and maybe only for competition guns... or training it as part of the loading process to check for that o-ring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top