Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2018 4:25:21 PM EDT
I currently have a TSO which I really enjoy shooting, probably my favorite handgun owned of all time.  I'm considering buying a new toy and was wondering if the Shadow 2 is really similar to the TSO besides the fact that one is SAO one is DA/SA.  I don't do any competitive shooting and I don't honestly really see myself doing it in the future so it would just be a range toy and possible night stand gun.  If the guns shoot/handle pretty similar I may consider something else.  I'd be surprised if the production class Shadow 2 is more accurate and easier to shoot than the limited class TSO but you never know.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If the TSO were the Z06 the Shadow2 would be the Grand Sport and the Shadow1 would be the Stingray Corvette.  It is a bad ass pistol but the TSO is a full comp gun while the Shadow is semi-Custom could be a duty pistol package.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
the tso is built on a larger frame so they will feel quite differently.

cant say I agree with the statements above they would both be full race cars just made for a different class.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the TSO were the Z06 the Shadow2 would be the Grand Sport and the Shadow1 would be the Stingray Corvette.  It is a bad ass pistol but the TSO is a full comp gun while the Shadow is semi-Custom could be a duty pistol package.
View Quote
Thanks, I am a car guy so I can definitely appreciate that.  I guess I would be looking for something that's another Z06 or even a ZR1 (Czechmate?) since I don't care about any classing and just want something extremely fun to shoot.

I may diversify and get something oddball like a 5.7 for fun in that case.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Something oddball that would be cool is a Desert Eagle in 50AE and get the 44mag kit so you can shoot both.  Powerful semi auto pistol sounds fun.

Long barrel revolver, volquartsen 22 pistol, Sig X series, high end Sphinx if you want to stay in high end CZ design, lots of cools stuff if you are looking to indulge....
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a gun that's a hoot to shoot, try a Tanfoglio Witness Match Xtreme in 10mm.

It's a well made CZ clone made in Italy. And imo, dead sexy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Also consider the plain old Tactical model. I had one in .40 years ago and the trigger is damn close to the TSO (I have one as well). I believe the price is on par with the Shadow I. Looks like the checkering is cast on the frame though. I shot a guys Shadow II and it was a nice gun when shooting SA, DA was quite heavy and long and creepy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]
P226 X5 would be nice but out of my budget.  Thinking maybe a P210 USA, I wonder if they are accurate as the old Swiss models.  My P226 Mk25 is lonely as my only remaining sig right now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
P226 X5 would be nice but out of my budget.  Thinking maybe a P210 USA, I wonder if they are accurate as the old Swiss models.  My P226 Mk25 is lonely as my only remaining sig right now.
View Quote
They are very accurate. My general plinking hand load 115gr JHP out of a P210 USA model.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#9]
That’s pretty good bench rested I assume
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

cant say I agree with the statements above they would both be full race cars just made for a different class.
View Quote
Larger as in longer?  Or is it wider as well?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Larger as in longer?  Or is it wider as well?
View Quote
Its wider. The Shadow 2 felt wide to me and i loved it until i bought a czechmate which is base on the TSO frame. After shooting the CM alot, the S2 now feels small. The mags for TS series are also proprietary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve owned both for competition purposes, as well a shadow custom.  All have excellent SA pulls out of the box.   For a pure range toy I’d go with the TSO as I think it’s got slightly better features, though it has no provision for a light (if it’s going to be a bedside gun) and is more expensive.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Just get a Shadow 2 and start shooting competetion with it and the TSO
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, they handle very similarly.

The S2 is a somewhat more practical race gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Long shot but anyone in the DFW area have a Shadow 2 I could shoot?  Happy to let you compare with my TSO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top