User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2020 10:22:56 PM EDT
Have we discussed THIS yet?

-Mike
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Good, I hated the slide/frame mismatch on the TSO

Guess this is the new Limited/Open gun Eric was working on, maybe the new Czechmate replacement will be revealed next.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I own 2 TSO's and can't even begin to imagine how they could have improved on current design. I would be very interested in handling / demo-ing one of these. Other than different colored grip panels / frame, don't see anything on the surface that blows much wind up my skirt. I admit that the current TSO's need a little refinement and machining in the Mag well area, but other than that, I'd specifically like to know what they did to improve ergonomics, slide and frame geometry.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Basically looks like a S2 slide on a TS frame lol. Hopefully they blended the magwell on this one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own 2 TSO's and can't even begin to imagine how they could have improved on current design. I would be very interested in handling / demo-ing one of these. Other than different colored grip panels / frame, don't see anything on the surface that blows much wind up my skirt. I admit that the current TSO's need a little refinement and machining in the Mag well area, but other than that, I'd specifically like to know what they did to improve ergonomics, slide and frame geometry.
View Quote

My 2020 TSO has a beautifully machined magwell. I have a friend with one from last year that' just okay and another that is a few years older that was a hot mess and it's a huge improvement in current guns.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Both of my 2020 TSOs had the same unmatched magwell shit they've always had.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#6]
No slide release on the bottom one?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Both of my 2020 TSOs had the same unmatched magwell shit they've always had.
View Quote

There's a tiny lip that could be better aesthetically but it's not large enough to affect reloading. Like I said earlier comparing it to older models it looks a lot better. I had one TSO shooter ask me if I blended my magwell.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No slide release on the bottom one?
View Quote

It's optional, I have a pin in my kit that I could do the same with my TSO.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up my TSO. I was surprised at how tight it is. Makes my SP01 feel like $2 whore.

I can’t wait to shoot it. The trigger is so light and the gas pedal fits me to a T.  You guys have any break in issues
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Only issues I had were mag related. I got a few tactical sport mags and put Taylor Freelance basepads on them but they had some sharp burs where the 20 round hole was punched and the bottom lip of the mag that snagged the follower. Once I cleaned that up they ran great. It's been 100% with the factory mags.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Jmarkma, your pistol must have been made midweek. I have one that looks like it was made on a Monday and the other on a Friday. If the TS2 fixes the Mag well fuckery, I'm on board!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Lakemoor, the only issues I've had, were the mag release button screw and Mag well set screw coming loose. Re-tightened those with some blue loc-tite and seems to have taken care of the problem. My .40 was chewing up recoil buffers and the advice I got from several here was to just run it without the buffer. No problems.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Local shop has had 2 TSOs come in with beautifully blended magwells.

I just picked up a TSO and am wondering if I shouldn't have waited.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#14]
On the bronze version, they deliberately skipped the slide stop.  Anyone know why?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Not commonly used in competition. People forego it all the time to get a bigger gas pedal or use a slide racker in lieu of a rear sight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On the bronze version, they deliberately skipped the slide stop.  Anyone know why?
View Quote

It's probably still with the gun kit, my TSO came with a pin so I can remove mine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#17]
So what's the real world performance benefit of this over a TSO?  Was hoping it'd be optics ready but from what I can tell it's just a standard rear sight dovetail.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#18]
It looks like a Shadow 2 trigger guard, gas pedal is more flat for a better thumbs forward grip, other than that probably shoots similar to the “old” TS.

I just shot my old style TSO and I am quite impressed. That thing shoots so nice. I have a worked over SP01 SA with CZ custom parts and that has slightly more muzzle flip, just enough to notice. Me being cheap would say get the SP01 and  do the work or send it out. Should still be cheaper than a Shadow 2 and you get a better trigger as well with Cajun or CZ custom parts.  The snob in me says get the parrot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So what's the real world performance benefit of this over a TSO?  Was hoping it'd be optics ready but from what I can tell it's just a standard rear sight dovetail.
View Quote

It is intended for USPSA Limited/IPSC Standard so this is expected.

The open version that is pending will mount a dot but in a superior frame mount vs the current fad towards slide mounts.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont get it... its just more of a shadow 2 frame?
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I dont get it... its just more of a shadow 2 frame?
View Quote

Shadow 2 slide on TSO frame.  Which is nice because the TSO slide/frame are so mismatched.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It is intended for USPSA Limited/IPSC Standard so this is expected.

The open version that is pending will mount a dot but in a superior frame mount vs the current fad towards slide mounts.
View Quote

Wait...theres an Open gun pending?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wait...theres an Open gun pending?
View Quote

Yes.  When they signed Eric he said one of his first projects was to work with CZ on new guns for Limited and Open.

Now the Limited gun is revealed.  Guessing based on this it will just be called Czechmate 2.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes.  When they signed Eric he said one of his first projects was to work with CZ on new guns for Limited and Open.

Now the Limited gun is revealed.  Guessing based on this it will just be called Czechmate 2.
View Quote

Excellent. Granted i switched from a czechmate to a pair of 2011’s, im curious to see how it is. Im assuming nothing major
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Shadow 2 slide on TSO frame.  Which is nice because the TSO slide/frame are so mismatched.
View Quote

Can you explain where they are mismatched? I’m not seeing where that is.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Can you explain where they are mismatched? I’m not seeing where that is.
View Quote

Look at it from the rear or head on.  The frame is much thicker so there is a ledge where the slide meets the frame.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I thought all CZ75s were like that. But I just looked at pictures of the Shadow 2 and see its more or less flush. Learn something every day.

It doesn't bother me any, I actually like it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Is this only available in 9mm? Looking through the CZ page I didn’t see anything about it being in .40.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I thought all CZ75s were like that. But I just looked at pictures of the Shadow 2 and see its more or less flush. Learn something every day.

It doesn't bother me any, I actually like it.
View Quote

Thats why the Shadow 2 slide has the angular profile, to meet the frame flush.

An SP-01 basically has the original CZ 75 dimensions and fits flush, the slide and frame are both in the .9xx range.

When the TS came out they widened the frame to accommodate the wider mags and the whole frame is the same thickness, about 1/16 per side thicker than a standard CZ 75.  Yet, the slide retained the same dimensions.

When the Shadow 2 came out they essentially used a hybrid frame.  It uses standard mags so the grip area is the standard thickness but you can see a taper above the grip panels where the frame increases to TS thickness for added weight.  Then they designed a heavier slide profile to meet the frame flush.

They had made a frame like this for a while anyway with the P-01 which had the increased thickness in the upper portion because of the allow frame.  This is why the Shadow 2 and P-01 share slide stops.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is this only available in 9mm? Looking through the CZ page I didn't see anything about it being in .40.
View Quote
I'm sure there will be a .40 option.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm sure there will be a .40 option.
View Quote

Yeah, can't not be since it is for USPSA limited.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#32]
For the CZ newbie here what is the difference in the TS2 and the Shadow 2?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For the CZ newbie here what is the difference in the TS2 and the Shadow 2?
View Quote

Larger frame, dedicated magazines, SAO.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I got my hands on a TS2 tonight at Rifle Gear of all places.  Lol.

I had it side by side with a TSO.  

I was not impressed by the TS2.  
The trigger was a little heavier and the reset was longer than expected.  No gas petal.  

So far I am failing to see this as an upgrade unless I missed something.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:26:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I got my hands on a TS2 tonight at Rifle Gear of all places.  Lol.

I had it side by side with a TSO.  

I was not impressed by the TS2.  
The trigger was a little heavier and the reset was longer than expected.  No gas petal.  

So far I am failing to see this as an upgrade unless I missed something.
View Quote

This is not a TSO replacement, but a replacement for the discontinued "base model", the TS.

The new TS2 Green is the next step up (none in the states yet) and the TS2 Bronze is the top level model.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#36]
This one was blue.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This one was blue.
View Quote

Yes, that is the new base level gun.  The TSO equivalent would the the bronze, not yet stateside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top