Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2020 6:19:25 PM EDT
I have a CZ RAMI BD, while I haven't had any issues with S&B, but I was shooting some  reman TPJ and ended up with FTF. The gun would not go fully into battery after each round. I would have to push the slide back into battery each after each round. Put some American Eagle in and it was fine again. About 100 rounds through it so far.

Anyone else experience FTF with any other ammo for the RAMI? Just curious what else I might need to avoid. Anyone with have any issues with CGW components in regard to FTF?

Overall, I love the gun. The fit and function are great with any FMJ factory ammo so far.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a few failures to feed this weekend using Winchester, steel cased.  Steel was tarnished.  Other than, no problems, though have only fed it maybe 4 or 5 different types of 9.  Mines a safety fyi.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one like the OP and have shot all sorts of fmj through it and about 30 rounds of some Federal green box jhp with no issues at all.
I can't remember the weights, if they were 124 or 115...probably 115. I love this little gun!
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ describes this as "chambering hesitation". I sent mine to Kansas with the same complaint, and it came back with a reprofiled and polished feedramp, and has been 100% flawless since.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CZ describes this as "chambering hesitation". I sent mine to Kansas with the same complaint, and it came back with a reprofiled and polished feedramp, and has been 100% flawless since.
View Quote

Was this with all ammo or specific brands/types/weights?

Did the reprofiling fix it and allow it to chamber all ammo makes/weights? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Was this with all ammo or specific brands/types/weights?

Did the reprofiling fix it and allow it to chamber all ammo makes/weights? Thanks!
View Quote

All I can tell you is that it happened with everything I fed it, which was S&B 115, Wolf 115, Winchester TMJ 147, and HST 147s. Since I got it back, it's fed those same cartridges flawlessly. It was about 10 weeks to get the pistol back from CZ.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
So glad you posted. I have RAMI BD as well and while having no issues with multiple FMJ brands (mostly CCI made) found that hollow points from SIG365, SIG Elite V Crown and PPU Self Defense all would FTB on the 3rd or 4th round in 3 different CZ 14-rd mags. The HP's were all stoving on the feed-ramp lip. I recleaned feed ramp and still no-dice. Hornady Critical Defense 115g seem to be the only HP's without issue. Will have to look into sending back to CZ as suggested for a good polishing. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So glad you posted. I have RAMI BD as well and while having no issues with multiple FMJ brands (mostly CCI made) found that hollow points from SIG365, SIG Elite V Crown and PPU Self Defense all would FTB on the 3rd or 4th round in 3 different CZ 14-rd mags. The HP's were all stoving on the feed-ramp lip. I recleaned feed ramp and still no-dice. Hornady Critical Defense 115g seem to be the only HP's without issue. Will have to look into sending back to CZ as suggested for a good polishing. Thanks for the info.
View Quote

I had issues with my RAMI BD that I bought used.  It was 100% with the 10 rd mag, and FMJ's with the 14 rd mag.  However, the leading sharp edge of HST's would catch on the bottom of the feed ramp and become wedged in place.  

After some research, I swapped the noticeably weaker 14 rd magazine springs for some +5% Wolff 16 round magazine springs.  That made the 14 rd magazine spring tension feel more like the 10 round magazines.  I also moved to a HP with a more rounded front edge, Gold Dots.  With the short barrel, I went with 124 gr +P Gold Dots.  That combination has been 100% reliable.  

It's possible that the magazine springs or Gold Dots would have each been enough, but I'm not going to do a bunch of testing when I have a set up that works.  I stocked up on the Gold Dots and haven't looked back.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the insight. Sounds like a good low-cost fix worth trying vs. sending back for factory-smithing. At the risk of sounding weak, did you find the 75-series mag-springs readily interchangeable with the 2075RAMI magazines? Also, did you select the spring for full-sized pistol or compact? (Looks like the full-size 5% is actually +10%, per Wolff.)
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I ordered the 74261 spring which is +5% or +10% in CZ's.  They swapped out with any issues on all 3 of my 14-round magazines.  They were tougher to re-assemble.

They fit all 14 rounds, and while more difficult to load to capacity, function better than before.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Wolff has a +5% spring for 14 round cz75 compact. Will that work in 14 round Rami mag?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wolff has a +5% spring for 14 round cz75 compact. Will that work in 14 round Rami mag?
View Quote

They're the same magazine, so yes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#12]
So I bought 2 mag springs from Wolff, A plus 5% compact spring and a full-size mag spring. When I took the spring out of my 14 round mag I saw that it's the same size as full size spring. My Rami is probably 3 years old or so but I guess they fixed their problems by using full size springs. I never had a problem with mine but have only shot it a few times. I always like to be prepared when I hear of a potential problem.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Swapped out RAMI 14-rd springs and was able to cycle through Hornady Critical Defense no problem on all 3 mags. still doesn't feed the fatter hollow points but I can totally live with depending on Hornady.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top