Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2018 6:32:31 PM EDT
So I’m a huge Glock guy.  Today I was at the range and shot a friends p10c.  That was a mistake on my part.  I love this gun.

Not knowing anything, a little research seems to say there are a couple of problems with them.  Is that correct or no?

Is there much aftermarket support for them?

Are there many high mileage guns out there?

What is CZ’s customer service like?

Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had two of them. I have had an older one and I have had one of the new fde models with factory night sights that has all the updates. I have had issues with both of them. The first one had to go back to CZ for a month before I could even use it, because the slide locked in place the first time I shot it. I wasn't really impressed with their "fix" either.

I agree that the gun feels good and it has a nice trigger, but I certainly wouldn't carry it. If you are just buying it as a range toy it's probably fine, but if you are more concerned with reliability I would look elsewhere. Also keep keep in mind that this gun is almost the exact same size as the glock 17, but it holds two less rounds, there is nothing "compact" about it.

The problems I have had with both guns are that both guns have had extremely loose slide cover plates on the back. They were supposed to have fixed that with an updated cover, but my new one is still very loose. Both guns take two hands to release the slide on an empty mags. Both guns take two hands to release a full magazine from the gun. Both guns "auto forward" with very little force, and both guns would not lock the slide back on the last round.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had two of them. I have had an older one and I have had one of the new fde models with factory night sights that has all the updates. I have had issues with both of them. The first one had to go back to CZ for a month before I could even use it, because the slide locked in place the first time I shot it. I wasn't really impressed with their "fix" either.

I agree that the gun feels good and it has a nice trigger, but I certainly wouldn't carry it. If you are just buying it as a range toy it's probably fine, but if you are more concerned with reliability I would look elsewhere. Also keep keep in mind that this gun is almost the exact same size as the glock 17, but it holds two less rounds, there is nothing "compact" about it.

The problems I have had with both guns are that both guns have had extremely loose slide cover plates on the back. They were supposed to have fixed that with an updated cover, but my new one is still very loose. Both guns take two hands to release the slide on an empty mags. Both guns take two hands to release a full magazine from the gun. Both guns "auto forward" with very little force, and both guns would not lock the slide back on the last round.
View Quote
Thanks for the info! You just cured me of wanting one of those.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me rephrase about the slide locking back....it doesn't lock back consistently.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info! You just cured me of wanting one of those.
View Quote
What does your friend think of his?  I've got one and love it.  Is my back plate loose?  I don't know.  I've had it off a few time missing with striker springs but it shoots fine.  Is the slide stop tight.  It is no stiffer than a brand new Glock since it is a slide stop and not a slide release.  You will read online that a many people seem to play with their guns a lot more than shooting them. Mine shoots just fine probably like you buddy's does.  I would take more than two peoples word for it. I've had a Glock 19 since 1994 but I shoot my P10C more accurately. David
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had mine since last June. Have put several hundred rds thru it with no problems at all in function. The slide and mag releases were tight for awhile but have become easier to actuate.  Have had no loose black plate cover.  It shoots fine and is accurate. Locks back every time on an empty mag.

I would definetly carry mine for SD. And it is my substitute for my G19.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Not many rounds thruogh mine but problem free,

Not sure which I like better the CZ or PPQ, I need more shooting time for each.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I put 2K rounds of my reloads thru mine the first week I had it.

Added an HB Industries Trigger Kit Theta Trigger

There are more fiddly bits than on our Glocks.  Be careful if disassembling the firing pin assembly.
I popped a spring loose and could not get it twisted back in place.  The folks at CZ sent me a
new assembly & all is well.
I ordered the suppressor ready P-10C this week.

Did the 2,000 Round Challenge at Pistol-Forum
Pistol: CZ P-10 C
Caliber: 9mm
Ammunition: 147 grain FP Barrys Bullets, Mixed Brass, Federal & S&B Primers
Dates of testing: 9-11-17/9-15-17
Total rounds fired: 2,000
Stoppages: 0
Malfunctions: 3
Breakages: 0

Comments:
Brand new gun. 3 Malfs were the trigger not resetting. Happened on rounds 102, 402, & 1,575. I dropped the Mag, worked the slide, and we were GTG.
Probably something I did wrong, just had back surgery and was taking happy pills.
All Ammo was my reloads and they did fine.
No BTF!! I like the Autoforwarding feature.
I plan to strip the gun, clean it, then add an aftermarket trigger. I fired 700 rounds one day and my finger was not happy!
Will be waiting patiently for some Ameriglo sights.
This is a nice companion to my 3 Gen2 G-19's.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine has none if the issued mentioned above and mine was the first batch. People are also starting to make their P10C look like these custom 2k glocks
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine has none if the issued mentioned above and mine was the first batch. People are also starting to make their P10C look like these custom 2k glocks
View Quote

I would be one if them, minus the $2k part.

No problems with mine thus far. I ran a case of Speer 124gr ammo with no modifications, and I'm about 700 rounds in after my slide was worked on. I had one return to battery malf. on the 1st mag, but I attributed to the cerakote. Zero problems since then.

For me, it's a fantastic pistol. I shoot it better than Glock (didn't stop me from getting a 19X though ) and personally I think CZ hit a home run with the P10C. I'll likely get a FDE framed one for backup in case the one pictured goes down in a class.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I really NEED to send my slide in to get milled.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I really NEED to send my slide in to get milled.
View Quote
Do it! I have no regrets, and the best part about the Jagerwerks cut is the milled slide + rmr is very close in weight to the stock slide. No need to mess with guide rod springs.

With that said, my mill job came under $200, since I took advantage of the Black Friday deal. I think I saved $40, and that put me around $180 for the cut & cerakote.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#12]
A local shop has the suppressor ready model.

Someone talk me out of this! I want to get one and install that HB industries Orange Trigger.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Another one here, that has not had any of the problems listed in the first post.
About 500 rounds so far without any issues. I also must have lucked out, because even though my mag release is stiff, it's still very doable with just the
thumb of my shooting hand.
I won't say it's the "be all, end all" Glock killer, but I don't really like striker fired guns to begin with, I just like my P-10C just a little better than the rest, I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine has been trouble free.  Loose plate?  Is that with a trigger all the way against the frame?  Like you just pulled the trigger.  If you have cocked it, it should be tight.  Trigger is phenomenal.  There are easy fixes for the difficult slide releases.....work on hand strength.  Use the thumb and finger pinch method.  Disassemble   and smooth out with a dremel polishing wheel.  I did the latter to speed up wear and it's smoother now.  Same for mag release.  If you're mechanically inclined, these are easy fixes if you don't want to send hundreds downrange first to get the effect.

It puts them all in the same hole at 15 yards out on the first range session.  Mine is a keeper with nine mags for it.  I would have no qualms carrying it.

Was going to pick up a suppressor ready one, but got the 19X for now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had one since October but have only put about 300 rounds through mine. It shoots very well, no malfunctions, good accuracy, decent trigger from factory, sights are fine (I don't mind 3 dot white sights, I usually black out the rear if needed), feels good in the hand although I think I am going to sand down the grip and stipple it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I got mine back from CZ yesterday, 5 week's from when they received it to when I got it back,
not bad considering it was there Christmas through New Years...not a lot of business gets done through the holidays.  
On round 97 the slide plate dropped a little stopping rtb, again round 223, I ran it to 270 rd's with no other issues
and contacted CZ the next business day, back it went.
The work order states, adjusted slide plate, test fired
I did call and inquired further, the smith I spoke indicated he didn't do the repair, so couldn't say specifically what adjustments were made.
The gun was a little stiff out of the box but with dry firing and the rounds I put through, it was smoothing out well and is a good, accurate shooter.
Aside from the slide plate dropping (which wasn't really loose) it showed none of the issues in Earlan's video and it did have the later beveled plate.
If it's above 0 and there's not a north easter blowing this weekend, it'll get shot...
I expect it'll run 100% and smooth out a little more, then it's time for more magazines and sights in the next couple of weeks.
All and all the gun handles really well, shoot's even better and CZ customer service was very good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 4:08:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I have somewhere over 1000 and shy of 2000 rounds through mine, guessing, and have had nothing but good come of it. It is one of the very first FDE models, without night sights. I use it as an EDC in a High Noon Holsters Stingray OWB for work and High Noon Holsters Close Encounter for IWB, with no issues. It is an awesome sidearm.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:30:35 AM EDT
[#19]
My Suppressor ready P10C arrived today.  The frame has more lube than my first one.
Shot 100 rounds of Federal P9HST4 (147 +P HST) with 0 problems.
The higher sights will take some time to get used to, but was hitting a gong @ 50 Yds
about 1/2 the time.
I think they tamed the frame bumps a bit.  Still feels good in the hand.
Ordered a HBI trigger tonight.  Thats it for mods til I've lived with the suppressor a bit
this Summer.

Installed the Steel striker from Cajun Gun works & shot 100 reloads without a problem
today.  Hoping to shoot 100 rounds / day till 2K, then call it good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I got my P10c back from CZ first of last week.
I ran 250 rd's this weekend and it runs like a top,
200 rd's of Freedom Munitions 124gr and 50 147gr HST's.
I've shot / carried 1911's for over 30 years...
but this gun's really growing on me !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top