Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2017 8:46:46 PM EDT
so I swapped the decocker out of my P07 and installed the safety.

The safety wouldn't engage though. Not sure what was causing that to happen. When I install the safety if I put the safety down in the fire position it won't go back up to the safe position with the hammer cocked.

I wound up putting the decocker back in. I plan on carrying with the decocker but still though I'm a little annoyed that the safety won't engage on this
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you detail stripped your lower ever?  All springs are present not missing?  The Omega trigger is pretty easy to pop out and pop back in.

Good video....
P 09 CGW Hammer Kit Install 2 8 14
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you detail stripped your lower ever?  All springs are present not missing?  The Omega trigger is pretty easy to pop out and pop back in.

Good video....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRsfL_xyHs
View Quote
I haven't detail stripped the lower at all yet
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
try it again

go slow and carefull and be careful not to loose the little detent and spring on the safety

when itstalled correctly, it should snap on and off positively

took me a 2nd try to get it in there right
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

try it again

go slow and carefull and be careful not to loose the little detent and spring on the safety

when itstalled correctly, it should snap on and off positively

took me a 2nd try to get it in there right
View Quote
What detent and spring? Mine came with the safety installed, I watched videos and there is no spring. There is a spring for installing the decocker.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#5]
it's on the safety

Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:33:39 AM EDT
[#6]
fast fwd to about 2:05 and he points it out.

tiny spring and detend on the inner side of the safety

How To Change A CZ P-07 or P-09 Decocker To A Safety (HD)
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Lol I watched that video no less than 20 times the other night screwing with it

I think we are just misunderstanding each other. The spring is installed when you install the de cocker.  Its also removed when you remove the de cocker. When installing the safety there is no spring to install.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol I watched that video no less than 20 times the other night screwing with it

I think we are just misunderstanding each other. The spring is installed when you install the de cocker.  Its also removed when you remove the de cocker. When installing the safety there is no spring to install.
View Quote

[snooty british accent]  no misunderstanding on my part, ole chap, I was quite clear [/snooty brit ]

Ok, glad you got it installed correctly

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top