Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2020 5:53:17 AM EDT
I just bought a P01 and I Love the gun. I only have one concern about it though. I can rack the slide to put a round in the chamber, then if i drop the mag afterwords, a shell will fall out of the gun. ai have never had a problem like that before. Its not only one mag, its both mags that do that. Could it be weak springs in the mags? Let me know. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
OEM mag?
Ammo? (Like steel or AL)
Initial thoughts include when a cartridge is picked up by the feeding lug, the friction pushes the second round forward to the front of the mag body. Apon the slide cycling, the lug will just pick up that round where ever it is and feed it like the first, just as reliably. But you ejecting the mag on that foreward placed nose may snag it just enough to pivot the nose up as the rim swings out from underneath the lips. Im thinking a good break-in is in order to get the flat of the feeding lug polished more. NATO did their thing and have embracing opinions about that pistol you have.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I think mine did that a few times, it’s been many thousands rounds ago.  If I remember, I pulled the mags apart and cleaned the preservative and gunk out of the tubes and springs.

I think that is all it was in my case, could have been just a break in thing too.  Flawless since then.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I had this a bit on my PCR when new, I think it's a break-in issue.  The underside of the slide is dragging along the top round in the mag (after the one that was fed) and pulling it forward enough that it pops out of the mag when you drop it.  I think as that surface on the slide smooths out a bit and the mag springs soften slightly things should improve.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
A couple months late, but my P-01 will run the top cartridge about 60% out of the mag when I drop them.  I've never had your condition, but I can see where it wouldn't take much on mine to duplicate it.  
How does it run when actually shooting?  If you don't have any failure-to-feed issues, is it really a problem?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen them and other pistols do that. Never had a problem shooting them. It goes away.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Take the slide off the pistol.  Turn it upside down and polish that surface on the bottom of the slide that is rough enough to grab/drag that top round forward while feeding the previous one.

I have a couple CZs that will drag that top round forward a bit, but not far enough to fall out when the magazine is removed.

Good luck with it.

If you do decide to polish it be sure to clean the metal dust/abrasive out of the slide/rails before you lube it up and reinstall it.   Just get some cotton balls, or a clean cloth/rag and wipe it several times before lubing it for reinstallation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top