Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2018 11:47:45 PM EDT
The clunk happens when once in a blue moon the hammer comes back to half cock.  I'd love to know why.  See if it happens to you. Load a snap cap and fire double action until it happens.  I have the cgw short reset kit but it did it before that.  I've never noticed interruption in firing with about 1k through it.

When I dry fire the pistol, before the CGW reset kit and after, there's a noticeable "clunk" every once in a while while dry firing.  It's shot 950 rounds with no problems, rapid, slow, whatever, so I guess it doesn't matter but I wonder what it is or what it's an indication of.  I can't replicate it.  I use snap caps.  I dry fire and it goes; snap snap snap snap snap CLUNK snap snap snap snap snap.  What's the clunk?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Make a video and maybe someone can figure it out from that.

Maybe the hammer fall is stopped by the half cock notch.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Make a video?  What am I, a 17 year old twitterer?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make a video?  What am I, a 17 year old twitterer?
View Quote
Well certainly not with that attitude
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Ha!  I'm scared of technology and my fear manifested.  I guess it's no biggie, I was just being anal.  Everything seems fine so I'll chalk it up to different trigger pressure or angle from me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the clunk the trigger mechanism or the firing pin/snapcap?

Sometimes my snapcaps sound funny when dry firing...
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Feels like it's in the gun but hmm, who knows?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top