Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2018 11:15:03 PM EDT
I’ve been looking at this gun for a couple of years now and always settled on something else.  I finally bought one last week and got out to the range today.  All I can say is wow.  I put around 250 rounds of FMJ and defensive rounds and it is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.  I have a 75 and a RAMI and really kept overlooking this one.  Glad I finally saw the light.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I had never shot one until a friend got one recently. I was surprised at how accurate and easy to shoot it was.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
First off congratulations the P-09/07 are bad ass pistols.  One thing I share with everyone is if you want to smooth the trigger out and take the staking/stagey feeling from the trigger a little trick I learned.... Bend the trigger bar spring down a little less than 1/8" and the trigger will smooth out.

Also you should looking into Cajun Gun Works if you want an awesome trigger in that pistol.  I did the full Cajun duty trigger job in mine and it is amazing.  I can ring steel plates at 100/50m with ease even using the DA trigger pull.

ETA bending the trigger bar spring down more than 1/8 will not gain you anything that is why I say less than 1/8" because you are just trying to take a bit of tension off the bar but not all the tension.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First off congratulations the P-09/07 are bad ass pistols.  One thing I share with everyone is if you want to smooth the trigger out and take the staking/stagey feeling from the trigger a little trick I learned.... Bend the trigger bar spring down a little less than 1/8" and the trigger will smooth out.

Also you should looking into Cajun Gun Works if you want an awesome trigger in that pistol.  I did the full Cajun duty trigger job in mine and it is amazing.  I can ring steel plates at 100/50m with ease even using the DA trigger pull.

ETA bending the trigger bar spring down more than 1/8 will not gain you anything that is why I say less than 1/8" because you are just trying to take a bit of tension off the bar but not all the tension.
View Quote
Thanks for the advice on the trigger spring and I will check it out.  I've already been looking at the CGW upgrades and may go down that road at some point.  The gun I tried in the store had a horrible DA trigger and almost turned me off but the one I brought home is much better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice gun.  I bought one but haven’t truly familiarized myself with it.  I shot four boxes for break in and investigation.   ETA. I read some people nit picking the length for a trigger reset.  I don’t notice that on the range but as a glock shooter I could see someone short stroking.  I shoot enough guns that I don’t feel I am limited to only shoot like I am shooting a glock.

The downside so far is holster options.  Most companies don’t even bother with the model.  If they have a CZ option it’s usually a CZ 75.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice on the trigger spring and I will check it out.  I've already been looking at the CGW upgrades and may go down that road at some point.  The gun I tried in the store had a horrible DA trigger and almost turned me off but the one I brought home is much better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Omega trigger you cannot judge the trigger until you shoot it some.  The trigger dramatically improves as you shoot it.  When I first got mine the DA sucked and the SA was ok when I tried it in the store.  I read many people say this but they also said the trigger dramatically changes once it has mileage.  So I bought the pistol and immediately left the gun store went straight to the range and cranked off 500 rounds that day.  The frame was hot from me just pounding away at it but at the end of the day the trigger was night and day different from when I bought it.  I did more reading and read where someone said bending the trigger bar spring down just a bit took the stacking/stagey feel out so I gave it a go and afterwards the trigger was still kind of heavy but was smooth and very much serviceable.  Then I did the CGW package then it was full on DD tits.

Quoted:
Nice gun.  I bought one but haven’t truly familiarized myself with it.  I shot four boxes for break in and investigation.   ETA. I read some people nit picking the length for a trigger reset.  I don’t notice that on the range but as a glock shooter I could see someone short stroking.  I shoot enough guns that I don’t feel I am limited to only shoot like I am shooting a glock.

The downside so far is holster options.  Most companies don’t even bother with the model.  If they have a CZ option it’s usually a CZ 75.
KT Mech my good sir.... They make all kind of CZ holsters, reasonably priced, great options available for these holsters, and wait time is not shabby either for what you get.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have several KT Mech holsters for various guns and really like their OWB offerings so I bought an OWB for the P07 earlier this week.  I bought the gun at Buds last weekend in Lexington and they had an ad and sample holsters from Bare Arms Custom holsters (Ashland, KY.)  I liked the IWB holster and placed an order for one yesterday from them to give it a try.  Honestly if I hadn't already bought the KT Mech holster I probably would've just got the OWB and IWB from them but you can't go wrong with KT Mech, in my experience.

Bare Arms
KT Mech
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah i made my own holster with kydex...  it's a great carry gun.  Having a hammer to ride down doesn't hurt for reholstering IWB.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I am on my third p07, I never want to trade it off but someone will offer me something I can't refuse.

I really like them and I'm keeping this urban grey one
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I ended up finding a holster in a shop about an hour away.  Nice new shop had a great CZ assortment.

I thought it was the holster you recommended and got back home and they’re different.  I got a K Rounds owb and like it a lot.  It’s a bit of a pain threading a belt through the front loop due to the thick belt, bent design of the kydex sheet and the thick belt loop.   The belt tip naturally guides into the base of the loop.  Once on it truly is a forget you’re wearing it holster.   It’s only my second kydex.  I have a dufflebag of leather mostly desantis and Kramer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top