Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2021 10:03:32 AM EDT
I'm pretty new to CZ handguns but am thinking about getting one eventually so I'm trying to learn more about what's available and what the differences are between the various models?

What can you guys tell me about CZ Custom?

Is this a "factory" custom shop? If not, what affiliation (if any) do they have with CZ-USA? I see they have a number of customs gun models but can you order a gun À La Cart? What about getting them to do further work on a model they already offer? For instance I was looking at their CZ75 Bullseye model but would like a checkered front and rear strap.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
There's also

Cajun Gun Works

I've gotten all of my CZ work and parts from CGW
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm pretty new to CZ handguns but am thinking about getting one eventually so I'm trying to learn more about what's available and what the differences are between the various models?

Is this a "factory" custom shop? If not, what affiliation (if any) do they have with CZ-USA? I see they have a number of customs gun models but can you order a gun À La Cart? What about getting them to do further work on a model they already offer? For instance I was looking at their CZ75 Bullseye model but would like a checkered front and rear strap.
View Quote

Their relationship with CZ USA is that they modify guns for CZ USA to distribute and in the case of the A01 they completely manufacture it.  The owner of CZC was also an employee of CZ USA for a long time, he may still have a job title there but I'm not sure.  I have not seen him post on the forums in a long time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold my HKs and bought a P-07 and one of these CZ75s.

CZ 75 SP-01 CUSTOM SHADOW TARGET II 4.6? 18+1 9mm 3-18 ROUND MAGS! MPN: 91760

The trigger is sooo smooth as shipped that it's amazing.  It feels like the trigger is sliding on wet ice.  It was a bit on the pricey side but it's an awesome pistol and very accurate.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
CZ Custom is an excellent shop, as is CGW.  I buy from both and have for years.  As far as your specific business relationship questions, perhaps give them a call and ask directly.  The existence of these two excellent aftermarket shops is the main reason I have stayed 100% CZ.  

Joe
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ Custom is ran by Agnus Hobell (sp?), captain of the CZ shooting team. He's a New Zealander, IIRC? Funny guy, shoots like hell.

I currently own four CZ Custom handguns. All are incredibly accurate, well beyond their price level. There's simply no other gun better made by a major mfgr. I own Colt, S&W, H&K, Beretta, Sig, etc. None compare to a CZ Custom.

The problem is when you buy one, you fall in love with it & then have to buy more.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have the CZ 75 bullseye from CZ Custom.  What would you like to know?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
CZ Custom P01 SDP owner here, its as close to the perfect carry gun (for me) that I could find.  Has the accuracy, controllability and reliability I had been looking for.  Its on my hip right now and could not be happier.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CZ Custom P01 SDP owner here, its as close to the perfect carry gun (for me) that I could find.  Has the accuracy, controllability and reliability I had been looking for.  
View Quote

Have one of these as well & couldn't agree more with your post.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have the CZ 75 bullseye from CZ Custom.  What would you like to know?
View Quote

I'm just new to CZ handguns and was trying to understand the relationship between CZ and CZ Custom (was it an actual factory custom shop like Colt and SA have)? I know now that its not but they have a much closer relationship to the manufacture then most other independent shops like CGW. I done a lot of reading since posting this and have learned a lot about both shops and the short of it is, both CZC and CGW put out quality products.

I'm looking to get a Shadow 2 but want something a little nicer then the base model. I was looking hard at the CZC's AccuShadow but have decided to go with the S2O because they seem pretty equal over all but the S20 is easier to find and production class legal.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought a 75 Shadow SAO from Angus & company........absolutely the best trigger I own.
This group goes above , and beyond!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#11]
The shop is in a really sketchy part of Mesa, with very poor signage.  Inside it's a small storefront (nice) with a big shop in back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Im local to CZC.  Great people work there and I am always taken care of when I go there.

I recently bought a Kadet for my SP01 Shadow.  They are always helpful and love to share knowledge when asked.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#13]
CZ Custom models are customized and typically enhanced from the basic CZ models. The best part is that they come with the CZ custom trigger job with all the parts necessary to do it and fitted by hand to the gun. On my Accu-Shadow 2 the slide to frame fit is snug and it feels like it's on bearings. They put an 11 lb recoil spring as well so it's easy to rack. I like that you can find them available on the market and they're already customized so need to upgrade further apart from aesthetics. Cool thing is they come with their own test target. Unlike the stock CZ's which come with a printout of the test target from the Czech factory.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Both shops are great. I’ll give CGW a slight edge for the parts kits they sell if you want to do it yourself. If you want a full custom gun I like CZC.
I have a 75sa they did for me. Couldn’t be happier.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Waiting to find CZC A01 LD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top