Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2018 12:54:14 AM EDT
So I really like the 75 TS in Orange.  However, Im left handed.  Is it possible to convert or modify the 75 TS to have an ambidextrous slide stop?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m not sure if it can be modified. I own a TSO and I am left handed. I use my trigger finger to drop the slide. I use my trigger finger on pretty much all of my guns and find that it isn’t an inconvenience and may actually be faster. Except Sigs, the slide release on those just suck for lefties using their trigger finger. Not sure if this helps or not.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
OP:   Dropping an empty mag or one with 1 round left takes the same amount of time.  Hitting the slide release takes additional time (albeit less than a sec, but could require a grip change) that really isn't necessary.

why aren't you reloading before slide lock?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I really like the 75 TS in Orange.  However, Im left handed.  Is it possible to convert or modify the 75 TS to have an ambidextrous slide stop?
View Quote
TSO is a gaming gun. You don’t run those to slide lock, and if you did you goofed.  I cut mine back so they were non functional, or just ran with the slide stop pins.

Also and FYI the TSO is not drilled and tapped for the gas pedal for a left handed shooter.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Why aren't I reloading before slide lock?

Because I'm terrible at counting fired rounds.

I do use my index finger to drop the slide on all my other guns. It would just be nice to have a custom guns that I can work the controls like they were intended.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also and FYI the TSO is not drilled and tapped for the gas pedal for a left handed shooter.
View Quote
Another problem to overcome.  I believe the frame could be milled to resolve that problem or just do without it.  You right handed guys get all the cool stuff.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why aren't I reloading before slide lock?

Because I'm terrible at counting fired rounds.

I do use my index finger to drop the slide on all my other guns. It would just be nice to have a custom guns that I can work the controls like they were intended.
View Quote
If you're using the TSO for gaming, you should be figuring out where to do your mag change before a single round is fired.

My first match guys were walking the course of fire and I didn't know why. So I asked and one of the other shooters told me it's so they know what they're going to do before they do it - mag changes, target order, how they want to index certain things, etc.

If this is just a range toy, then I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Another problem to overcome.  I believe the frame could be milled to resolve that problem or just do without it.  You right handed guys get all the cool stuff.
View Quote
Why don’t you identify as right-handed? Problem solved!

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Had my Tactical Sport (not orange, just a big old tactical sport) and pulled out the Pre B CZ85, too.

The outside/left levers appear to be identical.

The shafts are different in two ways.
1)  TS shaft has the retaining spring notch farther to the right than the Pre B - to accommodate the slightly wider frame, it appears.
2)  CZ 85 shaft has flats on the top and bottom to fit into the right side slide stop/slide release lever.

The slide stop retaining spring appears to work the same and be in the same location in the frame for both pistols.

The right side slide stop, even the older/smaller OD Pre B version, will not insert into the Tactical Sport Frame (not surprised by this, the CZ85's have a larger hole in the right side of the frame to accommodate the right side slide release.

If I wanted to install a right side slide release on my Tactical Sport (if I was going to carry that big monster every day) I believe I'd buy a new right side slide release lever, set up my drill press, drill the right side of the frame to the right diameter and depth, flatten the bottom of the left side slide release shaft to insert into the right side slide release lever and go with it.

It can be done.  I did it (set up a CZ for CZ85 ambidestrous controls) for my CZ75 Compact - made it a CZ85 Compact clone.

You might be able to find a gunsmith who would do it for you if you don't have the tools/confidence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top