Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2021 12:41:26 PM EDT
Recently picked up a CZ 75BD and figured this would be a good buy because I don't have a .22 pistol yet. Trouble is they seem impossible to find. Did CZ stop making them?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they make them in batches so could be awhile. Honestly get a dedicated .22 though the kadet is not that great
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe they make them in batches so could be awhile. Honestly get a dedicated .22 though the kadet is not that great
View Quote

How so?

I feel like a lot of .22 pistols are not that great.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my kit off the brian enos board and it's one of the more relaible 22's I've got. Down side is the 10rd magazines and the cost of the magazines.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: Down side is the 10rd magazines and the cost of the magazines.

View Quote

I definitely noticed the cost. 10 rounds seems pretty standard for a .22 pistol.

I've thought about a TX22 since I know they are good pistols, but I just don't like striker fired pistols.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The Kadet II should fit that pistol, and is absolutely just as good as a S&W 41 target pistol (though the trigger will be different, the accuracy is the same).  Optics planet had them in stock a couple weeks ago Here
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Kadet II should fit that pistol, and is absolutely just as good as a S&W 41 target pistol (though the trigger will be different, the accuracy is the same).  Optics planet had them in stock a couple weeks ago Here
View Quote

The trigger is the same as it is with the 9mm slide is it not?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't tell a difference detween the 9mm slide and the Kadet kit on mine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The trigger feel does not change when switching from a 9mm slide to a 22lr Kadet/Kadet II slide.

Yes, CZ still makes the Kadet II kits, but as mentioned previously CZ produces their products in waves across their product line we just don't know when & what exactly will appear.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The CZ Kadet II conversion for the 75 series pistols is excellent.  All steel with steel magazines and a barrel fixed to the sights.  I have nearly 50k rounds through one and have won many local bullseye matches with this pistol.  It is accurate and reliable.  

The main issue is run and gun folks putting a Kadet conversion on their modified 9mm match gun frame that is equipped with an 11-15 lb hammer spring.  Their hammer spring is too light for a rimfire and some people are too lazy to switch hammer springs when they switch slides.  And the light hammer spring is NOT a Kadet problem, it is a host frame problem.  Put a stock or 17 lb or higher hammer spring in the host frame and the Kadet conversion runs perfectly.  

Joe
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The CZ Kadet II conversion for the 75 series pistols is excellent.  All steel with steel magazines and a barrel fixed to the sights.  I have nearly 50k rounds through one and have won many local bullseye matches with this pistol.  It is accurate and reliable.  

The main issue is run and gun folks putting a Kadet conversion on their modified 9mm match gun frame that is equipped with an 11-15 lb hammer spring.  Their hammer spring is too light for a rimfire and some people are too lazy to switch hammer springs when they switch slides.  And the light hammer spring is NOT a Kadet problem, it is a host frame problem.  Put a stock or 17 lb or higher hammer spring in the host frame and the Kadet conversion runs perfectly.  

Joe
View Quote

Thanks. My CZ 75BD is stock save for a pair of Lok grips and a lanyard loop. Sounds like it will be a great kit
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a 1994 pre-B and I have a Cadet 2 conversion kit for it.

It is absolutely fantastic. It is extremely accurate and it is extremely reliable with good ammo.

Feed it Amercan Eagle or CCI Mini Mags and it runs perfectly. But it will not work reliably with Winchester bulk ammo.

The best part about the Cadet 2 conversion unit is that it is made to the same high quality standard as the the parent pistol.

The one thing that I do not like about it is that magazines are hard to load. But I bought a maglula and that cured the problem
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a 1994 pre-B and I have a Cadet 2 conversion kit for it.

It is absolutely fantastic. It is extremely accurate and it is extremely reliable with good ammo.

Feed it Amercan Eagle or CCI Mini Mags and it runs perfectly. But it will not work reliably with Winchester bulk ammo.

The best part about the Cadet 2 conversion unit is that it is made to the same high quality standard as the the parent pistol.

The one thing that I do not like about it is that magazines are hard to load. But I bought a maglula and that cured the problem
View Quote

TBF I don't know of any semiauto .22s that run Winchester bulk reliably. How is it with Federal Automatch? That runs well in my other .22s so it tends to be what I accumulate when I can find it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought one off the EE not too long ago and there was one listed right after that. I’ve got to send mine off to get threaded though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bought one off the EE not too long ago and there was one listed right after that. I’ve got to send mine off to get threaded though.
View Quote

Let me know where you send yours!  I've checked a few places, but haven't actually sent it off.

The Kadet kit is great, mine has been 100% when I run it.  CCI Mini Mags or Winchester Super X.  (I tend to avoid bulk pack 22 as a general rule)
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I meant that they'd be different between the S&W and the CZ
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

TBF I don't know of any semiauto .22s that run Winchester bulk reliably. How is it with Federal Automatch? That runs well in my other .22s so it tends to be what I accumulate when I can find it.
View Quote

I have never tried Federal Automatch. But according to the test target that accompanied my Kadet 2, CZ test fired the unit with RWS standard velocity ammo.

So I would expect the Kadet 2 to run with any quality target ammo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Let me know where you send yours!  I've checked a few places, but haven't actually sent it off.

The Kadet kit is great, mine has been 100% when I run it.  CCI Mini Mags or Winchester Super X.  (I tend to avoid bulk pack 22 as a general rule)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class 3 machining Ar15 page

Was planning on sending it to class 3 machining just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Kadet in the EE

Post is kinda old
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kadet in the EE

Post is kinda old
View Quote

Lol @ $600
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol @ $600
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kadet in the EE

Post is kinda old

Lol @ $600

I was just trying to help
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was just trying to help
View Quote

Didn't mean to come off that way; I do appreciate it. I'll wait for them to come back in stock though
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone try the kit with a SAO conversion? Just curious if I could build a TSO trainer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#23]
My early Kadet kit just needed a few nail file strokes to finish fit, ran 100% on the first mag of bulk, and was on target. Very happy, except for the giddy rapid fire getting the rath of the public range officer on my first mag.

It may go click with an apparent distinct rim dent, while my Rugers do not do that. Must the hammer spring.

Many years ago a guy was making custom cut HKS 940 loaders by trimming the hook narrower to fit as a "940K". Works quite well.....
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

To each their own, but I absolutely love my CZ Kadets. I've owned a lot of rimfire pistols over the years. A suppressed Kadet on my 75 SAO frame is still my favorite.

I got my first one in 2007 because I wanted to be able to get some cheaper trigger time on my first 75 SAO. Honestly my expectations were very low. Being an adapter and not a dedicated pistol, I didn't have high expectations for accuracy or reliability. I was very surprised at both. My Kadets have easily been the most reliable rimfire pistols I've owned, by far (as long as they're on a suitable frame). Accuracy is excellent.

I have three Kadet adapters and one dedicated Kadet pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top