Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been looking on different forums of received orders, does anyone know why so many have mis-matched frames/slide manufacturers?

Are they just ripping through em as fast as they can? They ID both parts but more often then not it seems its mismatched. Seems like they could at least put like manufacturers together.
View Quote

It came from Army Depot like that. CMP did nothing to the guns. Those 1911 turned in for rebuild were full disassembled, cleaned and checked if the old parts still working, then re-finish. It's done in a volume, not one at a time. So by the time parts came out of refinishing tanks, everything mixed up. Any defect parts got throw away and replace with parts they grabbed. Arsenal could care less about who made which parts. That's the beauty of the milspec parts that are supposed to be interchangeable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Been looking on different forums of received orders, does anyone know why so many have mis-matched frames/slide manufacturers?

Are they just ripping through em as fast as they can? They ID both parts but more often then not it seems its mismatched. Seems like they could at least put like manufacturers together.
View Quote

When they went through arsenal refurbishment, I'm sure the top thing on the Army's mind was that decades later, some collector might be a bit peeved since his frame and slide didn't match.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

When they went through arsenal refurbishment, I'm sure the top thing on the Army's mind was that decades later, some collector might be a bit peeved since his frame and slide didn't match.
View Quote

true true true. I thought CMP was doing the rebuilding/parking on them. makes sense that was done when they went into storage decades ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent mine out today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

A couple of other posters have explained why this happens, but it starts on the unit level. The pistols in the units had mismatched parts because we would frequently do mass cleaning when returning to garrison. We would have a detail of three to five guys take all of the pistols, disassemble them, toss the parts into a mix of gasoline and diesel fuel, fish the parts out, dry, oil, and assemble. To a GI, parts is parts and would have no idea of which slide and parts came off which frame. As long as the pistol function checked after being put back together - good to go.

If you get an everything matching pistol, it was probably used by some rear area unit that only took them out of the arms room once a year for qualification.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine back in July 2019 and when I got the call (I was happier than the day my kids were born. Don't tell my wife.) all I was offer was service grade, I was kind of hoping for a field grade. The gun I got was like a new gun with  new barrel. It was a matching Remington Rand, built in 1945. I'm defiantly not unhappy with what I got and I don't feel bad at all taking it to the range and punching holes in paper with it.

I have to tell a funny story about this gun, my wife and the range. She wanted to shoot this gun so I took her to the range. This is the first time at the range with me and I go through all the appropriate clothing to wear, because I told her, It's not if you're going to get burned by a hot case, it's a matter of when. I step up to the line she behind me and a little to my right, and I'll be damned, the first hot shell went down the front of her T-shirt. I had to set the gun down, I was laughing, so hard, at her doing a little jig behind me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Two weeks to postmark cutoff!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two weeks to postmark cutoff!
View Quote

How soon after the two weeks will they start making the calls ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Who knows?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who knows?
View Quote

Lots of speculation on the CMP forums............I sent mine in 1/5............now the wait begins
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How soon after the two weeks will they start making the calls ?
View Quote

6-8 weeks for RGN numbers to be assigned according to their website.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got an email with my number.  

21xxx
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

21xxx
View Quote

I just got my number as well. 22XXX I don't think I won lol.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

21xxx
View Quote

You're doing better than me, 25xxx

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

21xxx
View Quote

If you are disappointed, I'll trade you numbers.

I got 26xxx today.

Remember, they are not starting over with numbers, and 18xxx were being shipped in January.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#16]
29577 FML
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remember, they are not starting over with numbers, and 18xxx were being shipped in January.
View Quote

Oh well that makes me feel better if I'm ~3,000th in line instead of ~21,000th.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmm, so much for "random" numbers. My girlfriend put in for one same time I did, she is 1 number before me.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
hmm, so much for "random" numbers. My girlfriend put in for one same time I did, she is 1 number before me.....
View Quote

That's strange.  Do you live together; is your address the same?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I sent mine in the last day 32,XXX.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine is 214XX....
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, we do live together and have the same address. Might be why?

Wonder if any other couples were the same?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like good odds their random number generator used the address field as a seed.  Or maybe their "random number generator" was actually "sort our huge-ass Excel spreadsheet by street address."
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#24]
What number does this second round start at?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What number does this second round start at?
View Quote

The CMP forum seems to think round 2 started at 20,000. lowest number posted there so far is 20,110.

They may have done that so easy to know the difference between round 1 and round 2, as it seems round 1 ended in the 19,000 range.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#26]
28,xxx
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#27]
22,xxx
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#28]
238xx here
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#29]
21,4XX

Mailed packet in on 1-5-21.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#31]
224XX
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Crickets for me...
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#33]
What address are the emails coming from?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What address are the emails coming from?
View Quote

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]
308##

I'll just take a cue from the ME and say....Inshallah
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#37]
My understanding is that the number you are assigned (high, low, somewhere in the middle) means nothing and were probably assigned in sequential order when they received your packets. They will pull numbers at random to assign the guns for sale.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My understanding is that the number you are assigned (high, low, somewhere in the middle) means nothing and were probably assigned in sequential order when they received your packets. They will pull numbers at random to assign the guns for sale.
View Quote

This is from the CMP website...

customer names will be fed into a computerized Random Number Generator which will provide a list of names in sequential order through the random picking process. Customers will be notified of their RGN number by email. Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not too far behind you...............come on service grade!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone know when the guns are scheduled to start shipping?

I have heard approximately 1,000 guns per month, with a 10,000 gun cap per year.

I am in the 27000 range.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is from the CMP website...

customer names will be fed into a computerized Random Number Generator which will provide a list of names in sequential order through the random picking process. Customers will be notified of their RGN number by email. Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
View Quote

I saw that as well.  My dad and I sent packets together and are 2 numbers apart. He has some contacts at the CMP from helping with the Garand sales back in the day and that is what they told him.  I wouldn't bet the farm on it but I wouldn't be surprised either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#43]
27xxx

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#44]
318xx

Do I have the high number???
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
318xx

View Quote

I'm 318xx as well. Sent min on the day before the deadline. When did you send yours in?

My Springfield target model 1911 that my wife gifted me when I graduated from grad school was stolen from me. It was my only 1911. Come on karma, throw me a bone here. Make me whole again!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I sent in early Jan and no number yet
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm 318xx as well. Sent min on the day before the deadline. When did you send yours in?

My Springfield target model 1911 that my wife gifted me when I graduated from grad school was stolen from me. It was my only 1911. Come on karma, throw me a bone here. Make me whole again!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
318xx

Roughly the same time, maybe a day or two earlier than that (at the most). I'm just over 1/2 way through the 318xx sequence.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah I think the random number generator is a crock. Everyone on several threads who have admitted to sending their packets in late are in the 30’s. My dad sent in the first week and is in the very low 20’s. I sent the last week and am in the 30’s.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:55:46 AM EDT
[#49]
My wife and I got sequential numbers in the 34,XXX range

Are we fooked?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:03:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I sent mine in the last day 32,XXX.
View Quote

Same. Seems obvious they were not random. Plenty of evidence on their forum already posted.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top