Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2021 8:08:03 PM EDT
Long story short... My wife has decided it's time for her to conceal carry. She completed her CCW class and has received her card from the state. I just ordered her a Glock 43X (the one she picked out as most comfortable). She ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to wear a holster, belly band, etc. and will only carry in her purse. I have tried to convince her otherwise but as someone else told me, "At least she is willing to carry in her purse."

So we have looked online at several websites for CCW purses but the reviews and pics are hard to tell what's good and what's bad.

Question: Should the purse have a holster to further secure the firearm in place inside the purse (most pics usually show a thin holster with velcro attachment)?

Some of her requests are:

1. It must be worn cross body.
2. The cross body shoulder strap should be non-removable but adjustable.
3. It doesn't need to be flashy or ornate with design.
4. Black is preferable but dark brown and gray will considered.
5. Less than $200.00 is ideal - however "buy once; cry once" will be seriously considered.

Please provide suggestions for known good CCW Purses and anything we should lookout for or outright avoid when buying.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife is a big fan of Gun Toten' Mommas.

She's on her second one.

First one lasted about 9 years before the leather became so scuffed, she thought it was too rough looking to carry.

Search them on-line and find a local dealer.

She bought hers from a local dealer here, and the owner even took about 15% off.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife is on her 3rd purse, I honestly can't remember what brand. But you're off to the proper start from the list.

Kudos to getting her into carrying, and a purse can be a legit, effective, and convenient way for most women to carry. Especially for carrying a gun that they LIKE to shoot and can shoot WELL.

anyway,
It's a localish shop but we found something she likes from here:

https://mamabearsconcealedcarry.com/

We started with a cheapo 'gun purse', it looked decent, quality was lacking though (wasted something like $80-100). Bought on ebay I think years ago, solid "meh" in terms of quality. Didn't last a year I don't think...

Upgraded to a Michael Kors, not even a 'gun purse' but it actually functioned pretty well. Resisted wear/tear. But she ended up wanting a different purse after about a year or 2...

Which is from mama bear concealed carry, she found it worked the best and it was a MAJOR bonus to go to a store that actually TAILORS to women and concealed-carry.

Sure, you can find 'everything' on the internet, but trying things out will probably make all the difference.

Also, I know she said she doesn't wanna on-body carry. But she COULD look at Flash Bang holsters and Can Can Concealment, if she ever wants extra options.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Roma Leathers

My wife had the same purse for 2 years.  Carries her jframe and a speed loader fine.

Before that had a Roma purse had a zipper problem but had the insurance on Amazon.  Got her a different purse.  Very good value for what it is.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya need to get your wife in touch with someone else.  Off body carry is a great way to arm a purse thief and / or get someone shot.

There are several recent news stories of children shooting their mothers with their purse carry handguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top