Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2023 12:45:32 PM EDT
I am looking for a recommendation on which company you work with for Carry Insurance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had CCW Safe for a few year's,
Coverage seems to be what I'm looking for with available add on's
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:09:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#2]
Not a recommendation because there are so many options and so many layers to this onion. I am still researching my choice.

Video brings up a lot of food for thought on this.
https://youtu.be/Kl-iDAZddEM

Edit to add:
https://youtu.be/Wilf_R5wlNQ

https://www.recoilweb.com/protecting-yourself-after-you-protect-yourself-136637.html
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Wife and I have USCCA premium.  Give protection for attorney fees and civil damages.  Not cheap but worth it if you have assets you do not want to lose.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vmpglenn] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ab15:
Wife and I have USCCA premium.  Give protection for attorney fees and civil damages.  Not cheap but worth it if you have assets you do not want to lose.
View Quote

USCCA is underwritten by an actual insurance company -- so payouts are pretty much guaranteed, but the underwriter will claw back any payments IF you are convicted of a felony (e.g. prosecutor prevails that your case is not self defense, you plea to a lesser charge that is still a felony, etc).

CCW Safe is a "legal service membership plan" that relies on member dues to fund payouts. Since no underwriter is involved, there is no penalty for losing in court (other than your sentence, of course). However, funds are at the mercy of having enough members.

I guess you have to decide which model works for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had u.s. law shield for a couple of years
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m going with Firearms Legal Protection. They have a $250k bail bond included.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had US Law Shield for years....

Things I like:
1) Their sales presentation is excellent.  I learned a ton about PA self defense law (and about self defense law and the legal theories concerning self defense in general) from an attorney who actually specializes in self defense law.
2) I like and have confidence in my program attorney.  And I like knowing that I have a self defense attorney whom I can call if I have a legal issue.  If nothing else, he’s at least a good place to start if I have to defend myself in court.  This is important to me because I am not involved in any way with CJ, know no one, and have no regular attorney.
3) Their membership fees are reasonable and include useful options like multi-state coverage.
4) Their customer service so far has been excellent.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ab15:
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Those few of us in Kommiefornia that carry are up against all odds while we live here.  

I keep hearing a ton of arguments back and forth against uscca and ccw safe, it's made my head spin.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a USCCA Gold membership.
I probably wouldn't carry without some type of insurance.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a couple page thread in GD a couple years ago on this subject. All in all, CCW Safe seemed like the best choice and the one I would've gone with. The thread even had an employee of CCWSafe, who just happened to be a member here, answering questions.

This is the one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I use US Law Shield, I like that they don’t really have a limit and been around the longest
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#13]
The Truth About The USCCA Self-Defense Liability Policy (2023) - Attorney Marc J. Victor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top