Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2017 1:13:38 AM EDT
Daughter sent me a picture of an academy sports fathers day ad,buy a pt111 and get a free heritage rough rider revolver free.PT111 is 289.99,to bad
I don't need another pistol right now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Well considering I only paid  $200 for my NIB PT111 Gen2, the $89 for the Revolver is about right. Nice NON-sale/freebie there Academy
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Garbage sale. Garbage handgun.

I worked at academy for a year and just quit to have more time for engineering hw.

The best thing about academy is they'll price match anywhere and beat it by 5%.

Palmetto State Armory has the S&W shield for $290. Academy will price match to $275. $75 rebate puts you at $200.

If you just want to spend $300, when you get your rebate have them price match the rough rider down to whoever has it cheapest online
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Garbage sale. Garbage handgun.

I worked at academy for a year and just quit to have more time for engineering hw.

The best thing about academy is they'll price match anywhere and beat it by 5%.

Palmetto State Armory has the S&W shield for $290. Academy will price match to $275. $75 rebate puts you at $200.

If you just want to spend $300, when you get your rebate have them price match the rough rider down to whoever has it cheapest online
View Quote
I agree with you on the Heritage 22. Barely one step up from an RG

But if you have not taken a serious look at the  PT111 GEN 2, you are missing a terrific deal on a very solid pistol. 7-8 years ago I agree, would not have looked twice at a Gen 1. Taurus, over the last 3-4 years has really upped their game by a tremendous amount. But, don't take my word for it. Go to the Taurus sub forum here on arfcom. Read the 5+ year old reviews. Then read the newer recent reviews. Go to the web in general and search for reviews. Look at the MAC channel etc. There are TONS of solid reviews for them. I have sold a dozen of them in the last 3-4 months, and every one of them had better triggers than a comparable number of XDs or M&Ps also NIB. Yeah the pull may be a little longer than the God pistols, but they don't have 3 or 4 hitch points/rough spots along the way. The reset is as short as any competitive make out there. Plus you have a second strike capability in the event of a bad primer.

In before the tap, rack, bang crowd. I AM NOT BEING DISMISSIVE of your's or anyone else's training. It took me about 5 minutes to incorporate a second trigger strike into my trb drill. Becomes almost instinctive to pull the trigger again as your support hand is beginning to move.

I am not a particular fanboi of any specific make or brand of guns (except for Kahrs, really like my Kahrs), rather I am a fan of guns that work reliably and accurately. The current generation of PT 111s appears to have accomplished that at a very solid price point.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well considering I only paid  $200 for my NIB PT111 Gen2, the $89 for the Revolver is about right. Nice NON-sale/freebie there Academy
View Quote
Where did you find a new PT111 for $200,for that price I just might buy another one.
@44-40pro
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#5]
That was the price I paid back in Feb from a dealer online. I was at the Big Town Gun Show today on a whim, and saw several dealers selling them at $215 +/- $10. Seems to be pretty consistent pricing for the last few months. Might cost ya a little more with a transfer fee through your local FFL.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Kentucky Gun Company had them for $189.00 shipped this past week.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That was the price I paid back in Feb from a dealer online. I was at the Big Town Gun Show today on a whim, and saw several dealers selling them at $215 +/- $10. Seems to be pretty consistent pricing for the last few months. Might cost ya a little more with a transfer fee through your local FFL.
View Quote
Went to the show here today,they were running around $275
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree with you on the Heritage 22. Barely one step up from an RG

But if you have not taken a serious look at the  PT111 GEN 2, you are missing a terrific deal on a very solid pistol. 7-8 years ago I agree, would not have looked twice at a Gen 1. Taurus, over the last 3-4 years has really upped their game by a tremendous amount. But, don't take my word for it. Go to the Taurus sub forum here on arfcom. Read the 5+ year old reviews. Then read the newer recent reviews. Go to the web in general and search for reviews. Look at the MAC channel etc. There are TONS of solid reviews for them. I have sold a dozen of them in the last 3-4 months, and every one of them had better triggers than a comparable number of XDs or M&Ps also NIB. Yeah the pull may be a little longer than the God pistols, but they don't have 3 or 4 hitch points/rough spots along the way. The reset is as short as any competitive make out there. Plus you have a second strike capability in the event of a bad primer.

In before the tap, rack, bang crowd. I AM NOT BEING DISMISSIVE of your's or anyone else's training. It took me about 5 minutes to incorporate a second trigger strike into my trb drill. Becomes almost instinctive to pull the trigger again as your support hand is beginning to move.

I am not a particular fanboi of any specific make or brand of guns (except for Kahrs, really like my Kahrs), rather I am a fan of guns that work reliably and accurately. The current generation of PT 111s appears to have accomplished that at a very solid price point.
View Quote
Maybe the PT111's are ok. I've gotten in quite a few 709's that were actually broken in pieces in the box. After seeing so many broken in perfect condition boxes, I've written off Taurus.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I just picked one up from Sportsman's Guide for $225. A really nice pistol for the money.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Re: price matching, I saw an AR15 at Cabelas
- on sale - for $599.  Went to Academy and saw the same there for $699.  Academy took a look at the Cabelas ad I pulled up on my phone and met the price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe the PT111's are ok. I've gotten in quite a few 709's that were actually broken in pieces in the box. After seeing so many broken in perfect condition boxes, I've written off Taurus.
View Quote
I'm calling BS on that one!  Quite a few?  I would say that "quite a few" would be at least 6 or more, and if you want us to believe, you personally opened at least 6 (or more) broken in pieces, new in the box, firearms, all Taurus none the less....well, I say BS!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top