Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2015 7:35:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 1:08:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtstalker] [#1]
I ordered one. Iv wanted one for years but I rarely see them. They go for >$300 on gun broker and locally. Its more then I wanted to spend but not unreasonable for today's prices. I'll post when I receive it.
ETA:
Aimsurplus has them for $299+15 shipping. That's where I ordered.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked mine up yesterday . Unissued in Cosmo .
Came with armory manual
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I just want to kick myself for not buying a dozen of these from Dan when they were 125 a pop!  Still, get one, they are so freaking nice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill post pictures when mine comes. Iv got a P83 and a CZ82 to compare as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Local dealer picked up two of them.  There are very nice.  I think unissued is a bit of a stretch but they are some of the nicest Maks I've seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Local dealer picked up two of them.  There are very nice.  I think unissued is a bit of a stretch but they are some of the nicest Maks I've seen in a long time.
View Quote

The manual shows only check in and check out dates . I see no wear in the one I received .
Of course it is covered in Cosmo , but mine appears to be made and put up .
What should I do boys Leave it as is or clean and shoot
I have an CZ that is worn but shoots well .
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]
How do these stack up against other Makarov manufacturers? Top notch?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Homeland123] [#8]
I live local to them picked up mine a couple weeks ago.Great condition with holster matching mags etc ...great people to deal with the frame on mine is kind of purple but I kind of like it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
How do these stack up against other Makarov manufacturers? Top notch?
View Quote

The East Germans tend to be ranked #1 (because you know the Germans always make good stuff) but IMHO the Bulgarians are a real close 2nd. I have many flavors of Maks in my collection and my finest example is a Bulgarian. They all shoot about the same. The difference is in the polish of the steel and deepness of the bluing and straw colors.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#10]
arsenal bulgaria ak's are top of the line, so are the makarov pistols
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Homeland123] [#11]
Man just got done shooting my TGS makarov man what a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#12]
My BIL just got his in from AIM and it appears totally unissued/new.  No discernible wear.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I fondled a couple of these unissued Bulgies at a LGS.  They are pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I got one at the armory in VB for 314.00. Brand new. First Makarov, how do they shoot?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I have owned a Bulgarian 9X18 since the mid '90's. I have the highest confidence in the reliability of this firearm. I've fired literally several thousand rounds through mine. I added a Pierce grip shortly after getting this gun and the gun just comes into firing position naturally. Love this firearm. I own other nice handguns, H&K, Glock, S&W... 'ol Mak is just fun, dependable and accurate.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally shot mine, nice gun, sites suck and saftey is useless but that are my only complaints. Who makes the best iwb kydex holster for these?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Dan's Ammo gun.  Had to, he had the best price, the best reputation for good guns, and the most for the money.  No way this thing ever goes down in value.  Came with numbers matching mags, log book, lanyard, holster, and a very nice unissued gun with just minor handling marks.  One thing about Makarov blueing, unless you buff it and white glove the gun, it seems to always look a little splotchy.  I detail stripped this and cleaned it with mineral spirits to get rid of the remaining cosmoline.  Firing pin channel was loaded.  I'm pleased.  I just love my P83 (also pictured) so I figured I better jump on one of these Mak's before they disappear again.  

and with it's cousin, the Polish P83 Wanad (pictured wearing Tillander grips in copper metallic)

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#18]
i looked for these on the website and did not find them . . .
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By j0rdanj:
View Quote

because I bought the last one...
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By dwcopple:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dwcopple:

Originally Posted By j0rdanj:

thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top