User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/16/2020 12:37:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The Dane's have an Army?  Does the EU know this affront to German sovereignty exists?

EU uber Allis!
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Kind of want.

Ok I do want.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I finish it, I will send a picture to my army buddy who is still serving, and say “hey look what I have”  

I imagine he will be very confused.  
View Quote

You should buy a BRDM, paint it w/ Danish markings, and tell him Denmark is getting some used ones retrofitted in the States.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL

Just kidding, I look forward to see the result.  Especially interested to see how the grip comes out with that color scheme they do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Tagged!!! This gonna be good!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Since we can call this the *Official* Danish Defense P320 thread and no point in posting in the other thread now, we are going to need a source for the grip tape... @coregon can you get an inside scoop on who makes the grip tape for the Danish Defense P320?? The DK-Prof is gonna need it and so will I even though I am too much of a cheap ass (I got the poors ) right now to get the slide.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m not generally one for clone builds but I’m making an exception this time. ‘scribed and looking forward to watching the journey I’ll do what I can to help source parts if needed.

On that note, I found this review (translated from the original Danish) of an actual issued Danish X-Carry where they describe the grip tape as coarse sandpaperish type material, not rubberized:

“The grip comes with grip-tape parts. The coarseness of the grain is probably similar to a 120 grain, but personally I use 60 grain on my guns. I like the more aggressive surface of that, but that is personal preference.”

http://www.tactical.dk/2018/11/18/sig-p320-x-carry-first-impressions/

Seems to me there would be two options for sourcing the most correct grip tape for a clone build, the first of which would be to call Sig customer service and ask if they have a genuine set of the grip tape available. If that doesn’t work, Springer Precision’s X-Series grip tape is the correct material and would have the right appearance, after a bit of trimming:

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-Sig-P320-X5-Grip-Tape-Solid-Wrap-SP5019.htm

I’ll keep poking around to see if I can find the genuine grip tape hiding somewhere on the interwebz
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]
If you need a coyote X carry grip, send me a message and I’ll sell it to you cheap.  I’m picking up a Wilson grip later today and won’t need mine anymore.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Are you building an 80% and going to engrave an authentic Danish Army SN on it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Make a copy of a gun he's signed for that's supposed to be locked in the armory.  If you're spending around $1k on a practical joke, make him crap his pants.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Danish issue appears to include the magazine well.  

Anyone know who has the closest copy of it?  (is it the Sig magazine well offered on their site?).

Since DK-Prof’s slide is stripped, he needs to populate it; which seems simple enough.  Sig uppers are fairly common.

But what about the rear sight & cover-plate?  Are they one unit?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I appreciate the offer!  ... but unfortunately I already bought one from SIG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you need a coyote X carry grip, send me a message and I’ll sell it to you cheap.  I’m picking up a Wilson grip later today and won’t need mine anymore.

Thanks.  I appreciate the offer!  ... but unfortunately I already bought one from SIG.

No problem!  I’ll throw it in my box it parts.  How are you planning on doing the controls and mag well in brown?  Cerakote or something else?

ETA: for some reason I thought they looked brown in the picture I’ve seen, but it might just be reflection off the black coating.  Anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Since we can call this the *Official* Danish Defense P320 thread and no point in posting in the other thread now, we are going to need a source for the grip tape... @coregon can you get an inside scoop on who makes the grip tape for the Danish Defense P320?? The DK-Prof is gonna need it and so will I even though I am too much of a cheap ass (I got the poors ) right now to get the slide.
View Quote

The grip tape isn't a part of our BOM (Build Of Materials) - it's added after delivery.  I'm not sure where they are sourcing it from, but i'll see what I can dig up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's one piece. Looks the same as the M18 rear sight plate.
View Quote

Only issue is the M18 (same as M17) cover plate has a provision for the LCI which the Danish slide does not. My guess is it is the X series cover plate.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The grip tape isn't a part of our BOM (Build Of Materials) - it's added after delivery.  I'm not sure where they are sourcing it from, but i'll see what I can dig up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in the Danish army.  When officers are issued handguns, they are required to keep them at home.  In his job, he might actually be required to carry it at work.  So he'd be able to immediately check.  

Otherwise, that would be priceless.  
View Quote

In that case, try to get his boss' or one of his subordinate's SN.  .  Email him the pic after one of your visits.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I have no idea why this build is so intriguing.  

But...  tag!

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Adding to the pic cache of one of the issued Danish pistols, including disassembled pics:

The magwell is just the OEM Sig X-Series magwell that comes on the X-Five and can be purchased separately from vendors
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So this is what I need? ... but apparently they don't sell it.  

https://www.smallgunparts.com/Sig-P320-X-Carry-Compact-9mm-Slide-Coyote-Tan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can? The easiest way would be to try to find the correct X-Carry and swap the parts you need into the slide and frame and sell off the rest.

That would be the correct slide parts and sights based on the stripped pic I posted above. The problem is going to be finding the correct cover plate to fit that slide, as the Danish slide is probably cut for the Romeo1 and Sig has updated all of their optics-ready pistols to the R1Pro footprint. Perhaps @coregon could help get a line on an original X-Carry cover plate laying around Sig’s factory
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#37]
This may be the correct rear sight plate for the slide and it’s in stock:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/1301824m-08-r
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Definitely a metal mag well... Factory Sig part I assume? Now I am regretting selling my old P320 with the flat trigger...
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

ETA:  Your SN going to be an unspeakable insult to your buddy in Danish?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I take it these take the regular Sig Compact/Carry barrel or is there a different X series barrel that is required for the X carry slides?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I take it these take the regular Sig Compact/Carry barrel or is there a different X series barrel that is required for the X carry slides?
View Quote

X series barrel (M18 barrel would work too but not worth it because of the LCI notch in the hood but those with the M18 can use the X carry barrel).
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That would be the correct slide parts and sights based on the stripped pic I posted above. The problem is going to be finding the correct cover plate to fit that slide, as the Danish slide is probably cut for the Romeo1 and Sig has updated all of their optics-ready pistols to the R1Pro footprint. Perhaps @coregon could help get a line on an original X-Carry cover plate laying around Sig’s factory
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can? The easiest way would be to try to find the correct X-Carry and swap the parts you need into the slide and frame and sell off the rest.

I’m not located at the factory, so, unfortunately for you guys, it’s not as easy as running down to the factory floor and grabbing something.  SIG internal part categorization Is a monster.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#44]
OK - what Sig calls the “XCarry” has changed over time.  

It’s also clear the Danish MOD guns differ from “some” Xcarry models.  For example, the original Xcarry slide cut-out isn’t present on the MOD guns.

Here is my old friend Phil introducing the original Xcarry:

As first introduced the Xcarry was one of just 3 “X” models: semi-custom, accurized variants of the P320 (the other important one was the ultra heavy X5 designed with Phil’s input to win combat pistol competition - particularly USPSA.  Phil is the former president of USPSA).

As mentioned, the original Xcarry featured a slide cut-out to reduce slide mass.  Obviously the Danish MOD guns lack that cut out.

Here is my original Xcarry slide between 2 normal P320 Compact top ends:

Attachment Attached File

The Xcarry also has a barrel that is fitted at the back, with a target crown up front. These differences enhance accuracy of the Xcarry.  You can see it is also a slightly different shape, although it’s interchangeable with a regular Sig barrel:

Attachment Attached File

Up front:

Attachment Attached File

The other Xcarry differences are the cut out for the optic mounting plate, and the sights (the front is a much taller NS, and the rear is bigger than a normal P320 compact):

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

DK-Prof’s slide looks like it will take any P320 compact barrel & parts.  A real Xcarry barrel would be ideal - and it looks like that is what the MOD ordered.

But we really need to source the right set of night sights.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Does anyone have an opinion on this?  ... especially given comments that the plate/dimensions might have changed between early and later models?

If this is correct, obviously I want to jump on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This may be the correct rear sight plate for the slide and it’s in stock:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/1301824m-08-r

Does anyone have an opinion on this?  ... especially given comments that the plate/dimensions might have changed between early and later models?

If this is correct, obviously I want to jump on it.

I am about 90% sure that is the right one, because:

Looks like Sig has transitioned to the “Pro” cut slide - which has a dove tail separate from the cover plate.  See Here.

I also remember either a youtube from Shot or a post on another forum talking about slide cuts in transition, but:

- the hole pattern should not matter.  DK-Prof is seeking to finish a fixed sight MOD gun, not an RDS equipped one.

Anyone else?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top