Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2021 10:35:04 PM EDT
As much as I would love to drop the money on a Triarc TRI11 the wait times and money are a bit steep. I’ve shot some of the Bul armory race guns, I believe it was the SAS II air but I was wondering how their SAS II tac government or commander compares against say the rock island tac ultra FS HSC. Does anyone have experience with both?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Convince me not to spend $3k on a Triarc and wait a year
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

In my experience when you settle for something rather then get what you want you either end up selling and buying the one you wanted at a loss, you end up deciding you don’t like it sell it and still don’t have what you wanted in the first place, or you buy the other refuse to sell the first and pay more then you should have. I strongly recommend buying the thing you want the first time. As a good friend taught me Buy once Cry once.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would anyone wait a year for a Triarc?  If you're going to wait that long get a real Custom like a Nighthawk.

Looks like all of the Triarc models have bushings too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The BUL is an actual 2011.  The Rock is a Para clone.

Apparently the BUL is not compatible with STI/SV mags, they have their own and MBX offers some for them.

You should in theory be able to install a STI grip frame in the event you have a shitload of STI mags already.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot a friend’s staccato yesterday, it was very smooth, the trigger wasn’t as nice as the TRI11 I had shot but still a very nice gun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
1911/2011 triggers are adjustable.

I would go with a STI/SV type over a para clone.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I decided to go with a para clone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top