Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2023 1:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skipper469]
I have a Browning Hi Power and one side of the original grips is starting to split. Is this grip panel repairable or does it need replacing? I bought some Renaissance Wax to treat them, but would like to deal with the repair first if it's possible?
Right grip panel at the top right corner.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Gorilla glue

Sharp chisel

Blue tape

Wood vise
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#2]
Originally Posted By skipper469:
I have a Browning Hi Power and one side of the original grips is starting to split. Is this grip panel repairable or does it need replacing? I bought some Renaissance Wax to treat them, but would like to deal with the repair first if it's possible?
Right grip panel at the top right corner.

View Quote

I've been collecting Hi Powers since 1980 and have never seen a grip panel crack at that location.
Usually its on the same side where the screw is located and the result of overtightening.

Is the crack all the way through to the back side?
If so I would apply a good wood glue from the back side to keep the glue away from the checkering.

If its just on the surface and not all the way through, I would use a syringe to apply the glue sparingly.

After gluing, wrapping with tape or rubber bands to compress the crack.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top