Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2020 7:30:34 PM EDT
I have a MKII BHP - thinkit was an Israeli LEO trade in.  Anyway the trigger is typically crap with the magazine dicsonnect and I would like the lanyard ring removed so I can cover the frame with new grips.

Anyone know first hand of a gunsmith who can do a good trigger job on a BHP and do it before I die?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Removing the mag disconnect may help the trigger.   It will certainly allow mags to drop free. Most any Smith should be able to handle that.  The lanyard ring should just screw out.

An HP can have a decent trigger but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen one that was more than just decent.  The linkage involved makes trigger work iffy at best.  You’ll never equal a good 1911.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I greatly improved the trigger of my Belgian P35 by removing the mag disconnect, and lowering the rails so there was considerably less vertical play between the trigger bar in the slide and the sear in the frame
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]
If you remove the disconnect it is advised to replace the 3 coil trigger spring with the 2 coil spring as it aids in better reset, from there a good BHP smith would make some slight adjustments but it's never going to have the 1911 feel.  The lanyard, some are screwed in but you will likely find that yours is pressed in the frame, removal of a pressed one usually takes a punch and hammer and you may need to drill the center out to relieve it somewhat prior to whacking the snot out of it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a MkIII with the lanyard ring, pressed-in variant.  Was able to twist mine out without much problem.  It wasn't easy, mind you, but I didn't need to hammer on it either.

Trigger pin was a whole different ballgame.  That bastard wasn't coming out with anything I had available.  I have since learned that some require a press to pop them loose, which I think mine requires.  So I've learned to live with it, still shoot it better than almost any other handgun I've got.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I slugged the two piece barrel on my Belgian P35, it measured .357" and shot considerably better with .38 super projectiles...
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I did a MKIII Hi-power with the C&S trigger and no bite hammer+sear kit, it made a huge difference and it's now a pretty sweet trigger (for a Hi-power). I also did a full spring kit from BH springs and a C&S wide safety which I can flick off and on like a 1911 now, both highly recommended.

Hammer & sear

Trigger

Safety

Spring kit
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you remove the disconnect it is advised to replace the 3 coil trigger spring with the 2 coil spring as it aids in better reset, from there a good BHP smith would make some slight adjustments but it's never going to have the 1911 feel.  The lanyard, some are screwed in but you will likely find that yours is pressed in the frame, removal of a pressed one usually takes a punch and hammer and you may need to drill the center out to relieve it somewhat prior to whacking the snot out of it.
View Quote

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top